Cycle Question

MrsR3AM5

TTC and Mommy to an angel
Reaction score
I've been charting for 6 months now--and I love how it clues me into what my body is doing...most of the time. I'm just curious: for me, AF lasts a full 6 days with brown spotting on day 7; I ovulate on day 12 (so not even a week after AF is over!); and my luteal phase is 16 days, for a total of a 28 day cycle.

I suppose my question is: IS it normal to have a luteal phase that seems so long? :shrug:

Also, I've read that brown spotting at the end of AF indicates low progesterone. Is there any way to tell for sure without a blood test from the dr?

Any insights would be appreciated!

You can take a look at my charts; I am also an early ovulator, around Cd10-12 and my LP in fairly long as well. Perfectly normal.

As far as your progesterone question, you will find a lot of conflicting info out there, but I would really suggest getting an initial diagnosis from your doctor before atempting anything at home...

Fx'd!

I just started charting and it is so frustrating. my LP is about 20 days (or more), so I should be good to go right? my AF is 14 days or so, making my cycle 34 days. The chart looks pretty typical with the temp ranges, and the spike at the right time...

34!!! days... that is odd right? and now I am on day 35 with another negative test and no period.

No its not odd, ive always had a cycle of 34-37days with a luteal phase of 16 days, and ive had 5 pregnancies!!!! So no, its completely normal, a short luteal phase indicates a problem ive been told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->