Cyril for the boy twin. Family meaning to it...Vintage names are coming back?!

mizzyb

Reaction score
Hi I am pregnant with boy/girl twins. Husband and I are pondering the name Cyril for the boy. This was my Mums Dads name who died when she was three and its also the name of my husbands Nan's brother so it would have great family meaning. We think its quite a sweet name but also worry if he would get picked on although vintage names have made a come back but I havnt heard of anyone using Cyril. Thoughts please.

maybe Seren for the girl and Cyril for the boy!

My youngest little boy is named Cyril. :)

I love Cyril! As you said it has that vintage charm.

Ah thankyou! I might call him Cyril Squirrel for a silly nick name! :-D

Aw, Cyril is cute! Where I live traditional/vintage names are very popular. People are choosing more and more "old fashioned" names to find ones which aren't too commonly used, I definitely wouldn't be surprised to meet a Cyril amongst my children's peers.
I think Cyril and Seren sound great together :)

I have an uncle with the name and probably would not use it but it is cute. Most probably wont like our boys name either

But if you like a name...use it!

I like Cyril, and I like Seren, but I'm not sure on them together. I think (if it was me) I'd try to find a more vintage style girls name. My kids are Seth, Elsie and Edith, so we've gone down the vintage route. Other old fashioned girls names I like are Audrey, Martha, Cora, Mabel and Pearl.

I agree with maz. I like vintage names and the name Cyril. But I'm not sure it goes with Seren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->