Cyst from clomid?

Timetotry

Reaction score
Has anyone developed a cyst from clomid?
How big was it and how long did it take for it to go away?

I was on clomid this cycle but the cycle was cancelled on day 18 because my follicles weren't developing. I was put on birth control that day.
Today I found out I have a 3cm cyst on one ovary and because of that ivf has been pushed back and I have to continue bcp until it shrinks.

Anyone have any experience? Anything else I can do to help shrink this stupid cyst? I've never had one before!

Yes, I want to say it was like 40mm. It went away on it's own by next cycle. We had to sit out clomid for a cycle.

Hi Timetotry! I see your post was in May, so your cyst has probably come and gone by this time, but my experience might help you or someone else regardless. Femara, without the trigger shot gave me a cyst (about 25 mm). I was there for two cycles, but completely gone after that, I tried a few things that I really think helped. I bathed in Epsom Salt every night, and drank Apple cider vinegar and black strap molasses every morning. I don't know if those two things helped, but I will do them again if I ever get a cyst in future.

A lot of doctors are way to quick to suggest operating to remove a cyst, in my, and my doctor's opinion, you should wait it out and try birth control before surgery is even considered.

I can tell you one thing, I am never drinking Femara with a trigger ever again!

Mine ended up rupturing on its own about a week or so later. I didn't feel it, but had a follow up ultrasound and it showed a collapsed cyst.
They have since said that it was because I responded late to the clomid, but since I was put on bcp the follicle couldn't ovulate. So frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->