Cystic hygroma

Happyy

Reaction score
I went for a 9 week viability scan and the sonographer saw a cystic hygroma 5mm on one side of neck n 7mm on the other side. I have had a test for turners syndrome and, trisomies 13, 18, 21. We still await the results but the sonographer said that cystic hygromas indicate a poor prognosis for the pregnancy. Does anybody have any experience of a cystic hygroma affecting their baby early in pregnancy?

I'm not sure on that exact one but we did have brain cyst in ours and were told it was poor prognosis at first and now they are saying that there may be a wide spectrum of issues that may occur from none to severe..You're in my prayers.

It can be associated with syndromes but not necessarily. My lo was born with a cystic hygroma on her shoulder. She is healthy and perfect in every other way. Its just a cyst filled with lymphatic fluid and she's been getting treatment for it- injections to make it shrink. It's really small now and I think with another injection on two it will be completely gone. I dont know if you have facebook, but there is a cystic hygroma page with lots of support. Hope everything turns out well for you and your baby! Feel free to ask me any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->