Cysts, endemetriosis and prem babies..

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a relation between endemetriosis, cysts and prem babies. The reason I ask is that I was due to have a section at 36 weeks because little monkey was breech and I also had a large cyst on my ovary but my waters ended up going and was in hospital for 3 days unaware I was in labour before having an emergency section at 32+6 when they checked how dilated I was.

During the section they removed the cyst and I found out a few days later there was actually another in my uterus which was sent off for testing.

Anyway at my postnatal 2 weeks ago they said it was endemetriotic which I never knew I had either but wouldn't confirm if the uterus cyst caused preterm labour. It makes sense to me that it could be a possibility but they just said it was one of those things.
I'm now wondering if this will happen again if I am prone to cysts as I do want another baby, can anyone shed any light?

Sorry I have no advice on this, I haven't heard of a link. I can't even think of any other mums in this section who have had similar problems, but know of several other mums with endometreosis who have gone full term. I would have expected if there were a link, we'd have had someone here by now! But it will be interesting to hear the outcome.

aah thanks for replying Foogirl, I had an idea that there may not be a link due to no replies to my question, lol guess I'm just clutching at straws trying to find a reason like a lot of us in case there is anything I can do to prevent it next time or at least prepare for it but I suppose you can never be prepared for something like this. x

You're welcome.

I think one thing that many (myself included) do experience, is the not knowing what caused us to have premature babies and whether it will happen next time. My consultant said there was not reason to think it will, but the, there was no reason to think it would last time either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->