Dads 50th - Ideas please!

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I always struggle with my Dad, he's not really into much, doesn't really have any hobbies apart from going to his local club for a drink.

I'd like a nice present for his 50th. My Mum suggested a canvas of the grand kids and then my Sister told me she's doing a frames picture of each of them so that ideas out the window!

Any help appreciated!

Brewery tour, tickets to a sporting match, membership for something he'd like, day out?

ive posted this for somebody elses similar thread before but on my phone so cant look back through..
for my mums 50th we all went to the harvester for a meal (me, my 3 brothers, grandfather, ds1 and my nephew) my dad had to bring her later than us but under strict instructions not to tell her we were there..
we had a 2 tier cake made into a photo reel of her when she was younger to today..
also me and my eldest brother collected photographs of her and made a "this is your life" slideshow.. starting with her parents and their wedding, then her being born and growing up, when she met our dad and them getting married, then us being born and growing up and finally the grandchildren..
we saved it to the laptop and took the laptop with us, left it in the car and then went to get it after food and before the cake :) xx

for some reason it wont leave me edit on my phone..
hope this helps,
inbetween each section we had a screen with writing such as

welcome (insert name) to this is your life (with the music too)
then it said before you there were your parents
then they got married
along came you
you met your future husband
you became husband and wife
along came your own children
and also theirs

something along those lines.. we did also have a dodgy 80's haircuts and holidays section in there somewhere too..
she loved it, saved to memory stick now so she has it forever, maybe rather than a canvas this would appeal to him more as its all about him and his past 50 years after all :) xx

My Sister & I got our Dad a personalised bottle of Whiskey for his 50th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->