Daft question - who do I call when I go into labour?!

wellyboot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 37 weeks so able to have a home birth from today. But I've just gone to put a number on the noticeboard to call when I go into labour, and there's no contact details in my notes!! Would it be the delivery ward at the hospital where I had my scans? Or would it be the local hospital where the midwives are based but there is no maternity unit?

I can call the midwives tomorrow to find out, but sod's law, I'll go into labour tonight because I don't have the information!!

Thanks,

Welly

Am surprised your midwives havent told you? I have been given an on-call sheet so I know who to expect but I call the switchboard at the hospital and tell them my name and that I have a home birth booked and they will contact the first midwife on-call. I also have the mobile number of the midwife who has looked after me all the way through as she has told me she wants to know when I go into labour and she will try to come out anyway whether or not she is on-call that day/night.

I would contact the hospital if it happens tonight and if not get in touch with the midwives tomorrow so that you have a number to ring :)

Thank-you, that's given me peace of mind for tonight. Will get it all properly sorted out tomorrow, fingers crossed that nothing happens between now and then!

Welly xx

I'd bet my granny nothing will happen. You are very unlikely to start labour if you don't feel safe to do it. And there ARE no daft questions!

You've still got your granny - nothing happened!! I called the midwives in the morning and got the correct number, so all fine now. But it can't happen tonight either because hubby is so tired after an awful few days at work that he'd never wake up (he's a deep sleeper at the best of times).

If I keep telling myself reasons why I can't go into labour yet, will that put it off until I've managed to have a decent amount of maternity leave to do some more mad compulsive cleaning? Not sure why it was necessary to completely re-organise the medicine cabinet today to have a home birth, but that's what my instincts were telling me!!!

Welly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->