Daily ctgs, weekly scans & induction at 37 weeks..

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Consultant told me today I will definitely be induced at 37 weeks, earlier if I have any more bleeding or slowed growth.
Baby is measuring under 10th centile ATM, I've had two episodes of bleeding and movements have reduced so I'm getting daily monitoring.
I've had my first lot of steroids today. Also found out I have strep b too.
Will baby be ok at 36/37 weeks?
Or could she possibly need to go to itu? X

Consultant told me today I will definitely be induced at 37 weeks, earlier if I have any more bleeding or slowed growth.
Baby is measuring under 10th centile ATM, I've had two episodes of bleeding and movements have reduced so I'm getting daily monitoring.
I've had my first lot of steroids today. Also found out I have strep b too.
Will baby be ok at 36/37 weeks?
Or could she possibly need to go to itu? X

How far are you now? At 37 weeks it's full term so shouldn't have any problems. At 36 weeks, should be ok too but it's one of those most babies may be fine to go home but others may have some slight issues with jaundice and feeding and regulating temperature. You won't know until your baby is here. And also it depends on if there's any other issues along side with restrictive growth etc.

It is all very positive for a 36-37 weeker though so try and remain positive. I know lots of people that have been induced at 37 weeks and all their babies have been fine and done well, one had slight jaundice but that was it x

I'm 33 on Friday, I think because of the bleeds and stomach pain in experiencing they fear my placenta may be failing that's why I'm having daily ctgs.
I've just read up on placental abruption and now I'm terrified!

I had issues with restricted growth, reduced movements and the baby's heartbeat was erratic. They didn't have time to give me the steroid shots before my EMCS and my little boy was born at 36+5, with no issues aside from a little bit of jaundice- he was on the 2nd centile.

37 weeks is considered term so perfectly safe for them to arrive then.
But it really depends on how your baby copes as to if they need to nicu. When they aren't growing well they will do better on the outside :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->