Dairy recommended for pregnancy?

daneuse27

Reaction score
I'm a vegetarian. The books and my doctors tell me that its good to eat a lot of dairy, for the calcium and protein content.

My friend says her naturopath told her that the reason for her chollic as a baby was because her mom may have eaten too much dairy during pregnancy.

Ladies, what have your doctors told you? Or what has your experience been with dairy during pregnancy?

I was told to eat several portions of lowfat dairy products during pregnancy. I ate things like organic yogurt, cereal with organic milk, etc.

My baby is fine so far and does not have colic. He sleeps well @ 9 weeks old (only wakes up 2-3 times each night to be nursed.)

Colic has nothing to do with what you eat during pregnancy.

The same woman can have a baby who has colic, then have one who doesn't, and so on. No one really knows what causes it, they just theorize.

Personally, I think colic is when a baby is super-sensitive to the stimulation he or she received during the day (sights, sounds, touch, etc.), and his or her nervous system just can't calm down.

I think only occasionally will a change in diet (of the breast-feeding mother or to a new type of formula) help colic, and it's not related to the mother's diet while pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->