Dark purple under 4yo eyes

Aphrodite

Reaction score
We've noticed fairly dark/purple shadows under our 4yolds eyes. It's more pronounced in the evenings and he has recently started school so he is naturally more tired. Dr Google said this is rare in children so of course I'm now worried. Could be anything from tiredness to cancer!! Should we take him to the doctor? If it is tiredness I would feel silly using a Dr's appointment. Just don't know how seriously to take it really.

I'd suggest it could well be tiredness and dehydration (both are big causes of circles especially if it's more pronounced as day goes on). Put LO to bed a bit earlier on school nights (say half hour) and make sure their fluid intake is up. Where they're at school all day you can't be sure how often they're drinking so make sure you have a measure of say a whole cup in morning and one in afternoon when they get home

Connor has the same, he's just started school too. Trying to make him drink more at school, he comes home with 3/4 left in his water bottle.

Does he have any allergies? DD gets what they call "allergic shiners"

I know dark circles under eye areas can be genetic but I'd definitely make sure he drinks plenty and agree about maybe putting him to bed a little earlier to see if it's because he's tired.

This was pointed out to us about Lucas at a hospital appointment (I'd never noticed before but now I can't not see it!). They said it could be something to do with adenoids and he's being tested for sleep apnoea because he already sleeps 12 hours a night. Touch wood, his ENT Dr didn't seem all that concerned :thumbup:

I would definitely go get him checked out, we noticed this with our eldest as well and she turned out to be a type 1 diabetic. Looking back now at her pre diagnosis pics I can see massive warning signs. Not saying it's this at all but please do go and see if it's anything at all. x

We've noticed fairly dark/purple shadows under our 4yolds eyes. It's more pronounced in the evenings and he has recently started school so he is naturally more tired. Dr Google said this is rare in children so of course I'm now worried. Could be anything from tiredness to cancer!! Should we take him to the doctor? If it is tiredness I would feel silly using a Dr's appointment. Just don't know how seriously to take it really.
Did you go to the doctors then? I'm just. Wondering what happen?

I'd try more sleep first if that doesn't sort it see the doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->