Daughter cannot cope without a nap - starts school in a week waaaahhh

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
So for the last few months we've cut out naps at nursery - she still has naps sometimes at home but not all the time. She cannot cope without a nap the meltdowns are bad. I thought that by letting her have "quiet time" with the kindle / TV would help .. It has made things worse so I've banned it, today we had to leave the pub because she was having a meltdown wanted to play with her radio controlled car in the car park, we said no because of the cars but she kept on

She starts school next week and I really don't know how age is going to cope - she keeps asking to have a nap at nursery

Any tips ?

We had this issue last year when DD1 started school. She's always been a napper and loves her sleep, even now if I tell her to go lay down for a nap she will do it happily. DD2 is now starting school in three days and both of them will be in bed at 7:30/8:00 pm until 7:00 am, the first few days were hard and a couple of times DD1 would fall asleep in the car or nap from 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Honestly after some time she just adjusted to her new schedule, even as the year progressed she still had the odd time when she would fall asleep coming home from school, not really a big deal, just let her sleep for an hour or so.

I'm dreading this too, DD just can't cope without a nap, she's going to be going to bed about 7-7:30 and be up about the same time each morning, she's only been in nursery 3 hour days and uses to come home and fall straight asleep, no idea how she will manage after 6 hour days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->