Daughter got decline assment due to speech therpy

bluelilly72

Reaction score
So bit of back ground my daughter as a baby did not cry for feeds when was ill never cry she had fit coz her temp went high and found out had ear infection 3 times this happened she did not start eating soilds till was near her 2nd birthday she has to smell everything you feed her and sticks her tounge out unless she knows what it is if the smell is horrible she won't try it she started walking at 18 months she is now 3 and can say yes no nana mama ask her to say cow she goes ca when I take her to nursery she goes straight to paint nothing else and they have to let her out first oh she starts to cry she scraps her feet on the floor she dont play with other children if a child comes over to her she puts her head down and walks off she screams at home very loud and has violent out burst she try's to bite you hits my son and oldest daughter pulls her hair out in clumps and finds it funny when you play games with her she goes to far and starts to get rough she don't seem to care so you have to hold her to calm her down she watches same program over and over if you say no she hits you and screams on the plus side she points to things her eye contact is ok and she likes to play with dolls and picks all the same moshis out the box so I went to see a pedreatrican he said she got signs of autisum and sent her to assment they talked to speech who seen her 4 times in four months said she can point so she dnt av autisum what do you think and even now when she ill she don't cry xxx

My son can point and has autism. He was about 18months/2 years and trying to show my mum that his dressing gown had makka pakka on it as she made a reference to in the night garden. I also have to say you level of speech therapy is terrible. We had every week/fortnight (I can't remember now its been 4 years) and came up with great games. Is it possible to get a second opinion as clearly they have no idea what they are doing.

Well I rang and disagreed to what had been said so there having a meeting about her in nov and bringing her predriation appointment forward To jan

we are going through the motions for an asd diagnosis and my son can point (that was his only way of showing us what he wanted) and had 1 or 2 words.. hes just about to hit 4 and has just started parroting us and coming out with a few more words and very simple sentences. xx

oh and thats wayyy better than our speech therapy.. my son was reffered just before his 2nd birthday... so 2 years ago now and hes seen her maybe 4 or 5 times that whole time.. shes never sat down with him and done anything apart from she played with him with some bricks twice.. the others shes just watched him in nursery.. the one time she tried to talk to him there shed took someone with her that he didnt know so he wouldnt go anywhere near them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->