Daughter suddenly very anti daddy - anyone else?

Mrs-G

New Mummy
Reaction score
My 21 month old has become a nightmare since I started maternity leave, she won't let her dad do anything, it's all mummy. She is smacking him and won't let him touch my bump. I'm hoping its a phase - anyone else having this problem?

Yes!!! My daughter was all about daddy and wanted nothing to do with me normally. Now in the past two weeks she is all about me and nothing to do with daddy. Hubby thinks that DD knows a new baby is about to come somehow and trying to get all the mommy time she can in :)

My son is doing that too. He keeps telling DH he doesn't like him any more, just Mamma. Maama must do this and Mamma must do that for him. We thought it might be because he is unsure about what's coming next and wants to make sure I'm ok in one of the few ways he can, by making sure I can still do stuff for / with him.

I hadn't thought of it that way, thanks

My son is doing the same for the past month, he does not love daddy anymore, he wants to cuddle only with mommy, mommy must do this or that, mommy is his best friend or his hero (?), Daddy is just somebody in our household who does not deserve his attention. I feel so sorry for my hubby because he sometimes suffers, he loves so much our son and he's longing for his attention, and what I do is try to have my son involved in all kind of activities with his daddy, but to be honest, I never thought it could be a phase, as somebody pointed out, before the new sibling is coming into the world. I mean, it makes perfect sense to me, he may be unsure of what it's going to be when the new sibling will be home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->