Daughter wants a Kindle whats best?

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
Want something that'll do internet as well as books as our beloved huddle died (I dropped it!!)

Looked at the fire possibly ??

All advice gratefully received:winkwink:

I know Kindle do a kids Kindle. Might be worth a look at depending on your daughters age. I don't know much about the other Kindles the last one I bought was a few years ago now and I don't use it much now but it was the fire HD.

The kindle fire is a good one. You can set up parental controls however you want on it, and they make kid cases that are shock-absorbent in case they drop it. I'd keep an eye out for the sales on them. last Christmas they were on sale for around $35 on Black Friday at many places. I think my SIL picked up 2 of them at Best Buy last year with that deal.

When have 2 kindle fires. Kids love them. Though they rarely use them, because they are still little. I love the parent controls. You can control how long they get to use it for each activity. The only downside is you have to use youtube through the browser because you can't download the app. I think there is a way to do it though, I just haven't looked into it because they don't use them alot.

Thanks guys

Should of said she's ten !

the " kids" version IS an adult version only with parental controls auto set up and a bumper around it- you can do the same for a regular kindle.

We have 3 kindle fires AND love them. My kids are 8, and 10 that have them.

I have kindle fire which my two love. You can get case to make child friendly to and can set out profile for child which can control what apps go on. My daughter loves looking at books on it to. My son likes apps on it to

When have 2 kindle fires. Kids love them. Though they rarely use them, because they are still little. I love the parent controls. You can control how long they get to use it for each activity. The only downside is you have to use youtube through the browser because you can't download the app. I think there is a way to do it though, I just haven't looked into it because they don't use them alot.

My dd2 has a Kindle Fire and has the YouTube app? It has a different icon (its a blue background, just says youtube, as opposed to the red with white triangle) I've never had to use the browser x

My dd2 has a Kindle Fire and has the YouTube app? It has a different icon (its a blue background, just says youtube, as opposed to the red with white triangle) I've never had to use the browser x

same here.

--------------
Any Android app on google play you can get through Kindle. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back