Dawn Gets a Baby

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
Anyone watch this show last night on BBC 3????

I haven't watched any programmes about childbirth so far (have read up on lots and lots of things but have not actually seen it been done!)

I found it quite a useful programme, although they only showed waterbirths.

The journalist herself is actually very good , i have watched a few of her over programmes, like Being a size 0 (which she actually tried to slim down to) and another about being a naturist.

Toria posted a thread about this elsewhere I think.

I thought it was quite good and certainly made me feel better about giving birth.

xxx

I just caught the last 10 mins of it. It looked really good & has made me want to try a waterbirth even more!!

Opps haven't got up on all the other threads yet, haven't been on in ages!

Do hospitals even give you that option???? I don't think mine does? Also I don't think you can have drugs if you have a waterbirth??? Just Gas and air i think.... may be wrong though!

My OH was a little shocked at the noises they were making whilst giving bith LOL , He's in for a BIG shock i think, he said one of the ladies was making sex noises, i hope i dont LOL

I thought they could only give you gas and air with a waterbirth. Not sure though.

xxx

Do hospitals even give you that option???? I don't think mine does? Also I don't think you can have drugs if you have a waterbirth??? Just Gas and air i think.... may be wrong though!

My OH was a little shocked at the noises they were making whilst giving bith LOL , He's in for a BIG shock i think, he said one of the ladies was making sex noises, i hope i dont LOL

Trust me Jules you wont give a thought to what noises you make as long as you get baby out of there & in your arms asap!!

You should ask at your hosp if they do waterbirths I thought all hosps did them but I could be wrong??

I know, my OH just made me laugh haha he's in for a big shock!!

In our birthing class we've watched a ton of births and all of the women make sex noises. A lot of them also said that the release of the baby coming out is a lot like having an orgasm. One more reason to not have an epidural! :)

No, you can't have an epi if you have a water birth.

Saw this ages ago. Used to be a brilliant show on BBC called Desperate Midwives.

I watched this on the BBC website today, didnt think id enjoy it but was pleasantly suprised. I found it really usefull-as others have said they only focused on water births but good anyway.

Im not sure if my OH realises that im going to probably shout/moan/swear etc lol- maybe i should get him to watch the programme? then again, hes fairly clued up and ive already warned him it wont be clean/tidy and over in minutes, and he keeps reading my books etc. theres plenty of photos in my books.

I admit i got all tearful at the end with the babies being born-childbirth is totally amazing even though it is painfull.

keely.

I watched it and thought some bits were sooo funny!! Glad i watched it as it has definately confrimed to me that a waterbirth is what i want

I loved this programme! A few friends have had waterbirths and I was dead set against it but now I really want one!!

I think most hospitals do them but usually there is just one birthing pool at each hospital so if someone else is already using it then you'll need to have a back up plan.

Made my OH watch it with me, he complained to start with but he got quite in to it and was in tears at the end, as was I, but then im an emotional wreck at the moment!

xx

My OH watched it with me... not really sure what he thought of it. He cried when the baby was born at the end though lol. Bless him.

He keeps saying 'I dont know how Im going to cope when you're in labour'. He'll probably be more paniced then me!

xxx

I love this show! Gonna catch it on iplayer tonight for my usual midnight drift off TV.

Anyone catch the Dawn goes lesbian one?? Was hilarious! Maybe worth a watch if child birth gets too much! ::rofl::

I learnt a lot, like the stuff the hospital send you out to buy - like the disposable knickers and maternity pads, lol.

I so want one of those body cast kits when I get bigger. hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->