Day 2 of Diclegis - does it get better?

Kzd2014

Reaction score
Hi all!

The nausea was non-stop and it was overtaking my life. I'm a high school teacher, so there are very few minutes in the day to step outside and pee...much less vomit. My doctor put me on Diclegis, which made the nausea go away and brought my appetite back.....but also made me feel like a ZOMBIE.

Has anyone else had this problem? It takes me nearly an hour and a half to get out of bed in the morning. I'm going to bed super early, it's the drug-induced state that makes everything difficult and hazy. I don't want to teach and vomit, but I certainly can't be this out of it, either.

I am small by nature (106 pounds), so I only take one pill at night - not the recommended two, and not the pills during the day. For people who took diclegis - does the exhausting effect wear off? It's only been two days...

Yes it does completely wear off after a week or so. I started with 4 a day and couldn't function i was so sleepy. I'm up to 8 a day now and the drowsiness is 100% gone.

I still have to take mine early in the morning and go back to sleep for an hour or 2. I know not everyone can do that but I don't have to be at work super early.

I didn't take diclegis, but I did B6+Unisom (which I've heard is essentially the same thing) with my last pregnancy. The first day I was a complete zombie, the second and third I was okay enough to muddle through, and then by the forth day I was fine. If I end up taking it again, I'm going to try to see if I can manage to time it so that my first couple days are the weekend.

Thanks everyone! That's encouraging. Although I'm already starting to feel sick again, so I think I'm going to go to the recommended two at night and see what happens. I am so happy to be pregnant, so I feel bad complaining... But I have never felt so awful or so miserable!
I'm just praying for a good 2nd tri!

I understand, I feel so guilty complaining when I tried so hard to get here and I'm truly so happy, but being sick is extremely hard to deal with and I wish it would go away so I could enjoy my pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->