DD changing mind what wants for Christmas

Jessica60

Reaction score
my dd (7) keeps pointing out stuff she wants for Christmas. I then plan to get or get it then she doesn't mention it again. Or she mentions she wants stuff a few times and I just know she won't ever play with it. And she really does ask for some rubbish.

Every year the same thing happens. Once a hulk mask, didn't even play with it, gooey Louie, doesn't like it.

When she gets something new it's the best thing for a day then slung to the side.

Ideally I would wait until nearer Christmas to hear what she wants then but I like to get everything early and not last minute.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I think that's typical. I'd give experience or every day gifts then. Clothes, Indoor playground, etc.

My two are like that. I tend to buy smaller things in advance like craft kits, PJs, books etc and then make them write their Santa letters late November as those can't be changed :)
They usually ask Santa for 3-4 things x

Good idea. I think she gets obsessed with what her friends want rather than asking for something that she would actually play with. I've got bits and bobs but I do like a bargain and I always panic that the thing she wants will sell out or I won't be able to get it in time.

my dd (7) keeps pointing out stuff she wants for Christmas. I then plan to get or get it then she doesn't mention it again. Or she mentions she wants stuff a few times and I just know she won't ever play with it. And she really does ask for some rubbish.

Every year the same thing happens. Once a hulk mask, didn't even play with it, gooey Louie, doesn't like it.

When she gets something new it's the best thing for a day then slung to the side.

Ideally I would wait until nearer Christmas to hear what she wants then but I like to get everything early and not last minute.

Anyone else in the same boat?
my mom always asked for a wishlist on the first sunday of advent (early dec late nov usually. a set list unachangeable.

My son does this so this year I'm waiting till the week before xmas lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"