Dd killed a finglerling today.

DCS

Reaction score
In all the excitement of having a LOL ball and a fingerling as diwali gifts, she accidently dropped the fingerling in the bowl of cold water that the LOL doll was colour changing in. She then sobbed for 15 minutes. Fingerling is laying in a bowl of rice in the hope that she survives.

Any ideas on the best way to dry it out? Can i use a hair dryer or will that make it worse? She went from sounding adorable, to soundling like she may try to kill me while i sleep, to now being silent. I have tried googling it, but seems noone elses fingerling has fancied a swim in some ice water. Do i just give in and accept that i will need to buy another one?

Ohhhhh, just incase anyone else experiances this, a bowl full of rice, then open up and dry with a cotton bud followed by a blash with the hair dryer fixes them.

Haha amazing.
I was actually going to say it's best not to use a hairdryer for watery electricals because it pushes the water deeper in, you're better off with a vacuum cleaner nozzle. Rice totally helps, I remember reading once that the rice thing was a myth and it didn't actually absorb any of the water but I discovered it totally does when my nephew dropped my phone in coffee (ffffuuuuu.....) and the next morning the rice around the phone was brown and coffee scented! The more you know ;)

By the way LOL at kill me while I slept :rofl:

Yay! When I first read this I thought for sure it was dead! Glad you got it fixed.

Thank you all.we are feeling rather proud of ourselves. Though, it means i cant buy a unicorn one now. Noteto self, and everyone else, keep the LOL dolls away from the fingerlings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->