Decaf tea...

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
Is it safe to drink?
I've tried steering completely off caffeine apart from the odd chocolate bar etc but i would absolutely love a cup of tea now! i know it's safe to drink normal tea in moderation but i'd rather not so i've brought some decaf tea... is it safe to drink? do they use chemicals to decaffinate it etc? i WONT drink normal caffeine tea so would just like other opinions on the decaf :) xxx

You could try Redbush (Rooisbus) tea. It is naturally caffeine free.

Tea can be decaffeinated in a few different ways, but one of those ways is by water processing. I like Twinings Naturally Decaffeinated Earl Grey best... It uses water processing and liquid carbon dioxide. It's easily found in stores near me, so that's usually what I go for. Herbal teas are naturally decaf, but you just need to be careful what you drink while pregnant. Almost anything in small amounts is likely safe, but if you're drinking several cups per day, you should be cautious.

I think you could probably find organic, water processed only decaf black and green teas online if you search for it. Those are probably your best choice if you're willing to pay for it.

Clipper teas are naturally decaffinated and their tea bags arent bleached either x

Herbal teas are naturally caffeine free. You can read on babycenter for a list of safe teas. I mostly drink peppermint, fennel and roiboos.

I had a sample pack of PG Tips decaf in my Bounty pack so I would assume they are safe! Doesn't taste as good though... Mind you I've been off tea since 6 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->