Decided on a hypno home waterbirth at 36 weeks...

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Up until now I've said I'll be having a hospital birth but after attending hypnobirthing classes and after having a hospital tour today I really want a home birth, will there be an issue with telling my midwife this at 36 weeks?

Also does anyone know more about what Domino means, is that options open where you want the flexibility between home and hospital? So my plans are to stay home for as long as possible and if I really feel I can't cope I'll go into hospital which I doubt will happen as I'm feeling very confident!

Also anyone recommend a good website to hire a birthing pool from?

One more question - would a TENS machine interrupt relaxation or would it be worth having in early stages before the pool?

There shouldn't be an issue with your midwife. Hopefully she is supportive of homebirths and will not try and stand in your way as some women have found with their midwives.

The word Domino is derived from Domiciliary midwife - working inside and outside the hospital (DOMINO). - googled! :lol: Basically means the midwife will look after you for your prenatal, labour/ birth and your postnatal care. My midwife sees me in her office for our prenatal checks, will be with me during labour/ birth (and would still be doing that if I were birthing at hospital or the birth unit) and then will come and see me for 6 weeks postpartum in my home until she hands me over to the well child plunket team.

I asked about tens machine at my hypnobirthing classes and the tutor said that most hypnobirthing women find they don't need one. I'm still getting one though because we don't even get the option of g&a here so I feel like I want something extra!

Can't advise on websites as I'm over in NZ. I think borninwater.co.uk is one that the uk girls are constantly referring to, so they are probably a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->