Decrease in movement

homegrown21

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a decrease of movement? I'm 32 weeks today and the last 2 days, my little one hasn't been moving around as much. He's pretty active throughout the whole day and generally moves around after I've eaten or have been drinking water. But now I'll feel random movements throughout the day. Anyone experience similar situations?

Its important you get any reduced movement checked out. Call your Dr/Midwife so they can get you in for monitoring

how are you going lovely? Did you get yourself checked out?

As lora said any sign of reduced movements needs to be checked out. <3

I had reduced movement on Friday, I tried a cold drink, lying on my left, a shower but nothing was making her wriggle. I couldn’t sleep for worrying about it so I phoned the ward and they got me up to the hospital for monitoring. Sure enough, once the midwife started having a good feel of my belly, she went back to regular kicking and moving but it’s always best to get checked. Don’t wait until the next day. They didn’t make me feel silly or like I wasted their time and it gave me reassurance that she was fine.

I had decreased movement with DD and it turned out she had gotten tangled in the cord, I had to go for almost daily monitoring for a week and then they took her out at 37 weeks- I had a C-section and they still needed to use the vacuum, got her half out and had to put her back to untangle her because they couldn't safely get her all of the way out since the cord was wrapped tightly twice around her neck.

Not trying to scare you, just giving you my experience. It definitely does need to be checked. Hope all is ok! :hugs:

Thanks everyone, he's been moving around the last few days and gave me a few good kicks in the ribs. I feel like he's going to be a stubborn kid to be honest. I have an upcoming appointment and discuss with the doctor my concerns. He is quite large and already could be running out of room in my belly. I'll update you all if anything changes!

lovely NEVER believe the old wives tale of "running out of room" that is false. No matter what stage in pregnancy the babies movements should never suddenly decrease. Please make sure you get checked each time you have RM episodes. i was constantly in with my first son and last and there ended up being good reasons for the RM even though it wasn't picked up at the time (1st i had undiagnosed pre-e and he had IUGR.... 3rd was because he was poorly)

As sethsmummy said a baby Never runs out of room. Even during labour they can still move around, for more info I'd advise looking up the charity kicks count, they do amazing work on increasing knowledge of the dangers of reduced movement and how important it is to be seen.

Glad everything is okay but I agree with the previous ladies, babies do not run out of room and all reduced movements need to be reported to your midwife x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->