Deeply regret taking meds to dry my milk up - can i get my milk back???!

Luzelle

Reaction score
Sick of being sore, constipated, always struggling, baby refusing to nurse at dayI asked my dr for Dostinex last Friday to dry up my milk, after I came down with yet another bout of mastitis.
Baby is 7.5 mths old.
I am overwhelmed with guilt now and wish I could nurse him again. For both of our sakes.
I pumped 140 ml tonight, it is four days since i took the tablets. Baby is still willing to nurse (at night).
Anybody with insight or advice?
Please try not to be too harsh on me. I've had a rough time with oversupply, mastitis and severe PND, plus a tongue tied and reflux baby.
X

I'm not as educated as some ladies on here, but I would say if baby is still willing to nurse without fussing, then you're still producing at this point and to continue nursing and pumping. I'm unfamiliar with a med to dry up though, but I'm sure you can overpower it :hugs:

You could take medicine to encourage milk supply, but with mastitis and the other med, I would talk to a doctor first in case they react to each other. If he's feeding at night, maybe you can try feeding him before or just after nap, early morning when he's still drowsy.

Also, you should know that when your body stops or lowers milk production, the hormone changes can lead to a bit of depression symptoms.

Just wanted to wave some HUGE HUGS in your direction - having a refluxy baby nearly finished me off, and mastitis is absolutely the suck! I completely understand the urge for those tablets! So kind of all I have is don't feel guilty, you've made it so far in ridiculously hard circumstances and frankly you rock! And I guess if the baby still nurses, keep on? But yeah, stopping isn't BAD. HUGS!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->