Dehydrated, but not thirsty?

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
How is this even possible?

I know I'm dehydrated. I'm drinking fluids...juice, tea, but not nearly enough water.

Had a headache for two days, the inner corner of my eye is itchy, I'm exhausted and have no energy...but I'm literally not thirsty. My urine this morning was so dark, almost brown. I can't force myself to drink when I'm not thirsty. It makes me sick.

Any suggestions?

I honestly have to force water. This was me a few days ago. I actually have a schedule of when to drink water and I make it happen. I felt like crap so I had to do something. I like getting a pitcher of filtered water and put fruit in it and letting it set.

I hate drinking water, it makes me feel sick. So I've been brewing a naturally decaf tea and icing it. Sometimes I'll put a touch of sugar or lemon in it to help it go down. Better than plain water right now!

I cut Gatorade or Powerade 50/50 or will force/chug water. It's a necessary evil. Popsicles are another way I do my best to stay hydrated.

If its too bad, go see your doctor. I got dehydrated last pregnancy and they topped me up with IV fluid at hospital. I felt better in a couple of hours. I've heared some women get regular iv's due to the drinking issue. Long term dehydration might affect pregnancy negatively. So, seek professional help & insist on intervention if you feel you really can't master enough fluids.

I am having a hard time with water this pregnancy, because drinking it gives me the worst heartburn. I know I really need to drink more though. It is just so hard to force it in when it gives you so much grief.

Sometimes when you feel hungry you're actually thirsty so if you feel hungry all the time try dinking some water and then if you still feel hungry 30mins later then eat something.

You could try hot water with honey if you dont like straight water. I was like this in my first pregnancy, but I knew it was healtheir for me and baby so I started drinking more water. Now I cant imagine going a day without water, my body craves it(which is how it should be, our bodies are mainly water)!

Every pregnancy. I will forget to drink because I'm never thirsty, and I won't realize how dehydrated I am until I start getting BH contractions. Ugh. I now have a giant water bottle that I keep with me at all times and refill at lunchtime to make sure I get all my water in every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->