Delayed cord clamping to become norm!

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...lical-cord-delaying-shown-benefit-babies.html

:thumbup::thumbup:

I think this is excellent. I even just love that it's an option that you can select on the NHS birth plan template. Even if it might not be what many people choose and you might have to remind them of your wishes, the fact that it's an anticipated option is fantastic already. Even better that the evidence is being respected that it might be the best option for most women.

I think thats great! My birthplan is to leave the cord until it stops pulsating, and then deliver the placenta naturally. I really cant see what the harm is in leaving the last valuable blood etc to pass to the baby and give them the best start.

I think it should be standard practice so this is fantastic. I've been watching that mw programme on a tues night I've not seen one delayed cord clamping yet! There all plonked on a towel and cords cut :-(

I can see why they don't do it in hospitals. They don't have enough beds etc.

My delayed clamping and natural delivery of the placenta - took hour and half after baby was born.

Xx

Mine was about an hour but I was in hospital. Both times I was on the delivery ward for hours after, the delayed cord clamingbis only until the cord stops pulsating which isn't that long, delivering the placenta is what can take time. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->