Delayed O...any secrets??

awnmyown

Reaction score
So I went off BCPs in September and had two fairly consistent cycles with O on CD15, both with a positive OPK the day before. My LP was two days shorter last month at 28 days instead of 30 like my first month. Temp rise has been nice and tidy both months.

This month I'm already on CD17 and no O. My opks have varied between faint coloring and nothing, and my CM has been all over the board.

That said, I flew out of town on CD14 for a rather stressful meeting. I return home tonight. I'm wondering if it's not that strange for O to be delayed just by work stress?? I mean I am having a good time and went for dinner and drinks with friends so it's not like it's that stressful.

Just trying to figure it out. I was super stressed on Cd14 though bc we didn't get to BD before I left and I was worried we missed our chance this month :( Could it be possible I actually delayed it??

And last question, how long can O be delayed before it just doesn't happen and AF comes?? Should I keep doing OPKs as long as I have fertile cm??

My chart (didn't temp early days bc I had the flu and a fever):
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5f7ec2

Absolutely can cause it to delay. So can travel. I once had a positive OPK on CD 11 or 12 and then DH and I got in a MAJOR fight same night and then I went on a yoga retreat for three days the very next day...long story short, I randomly o'd on CD21. Only time I've ever O'd that late, I'm usually between CD13 -16. It's possible. just keeping doing OPKs and wait it out. I'm sure you'll O any day now.

Hiya!! I can't shed any light on this I'm afraid but I have a weird cycle this month too. I normally O on cd13 but because we were away I didn't manage to do opks and I didn't sleep so my temp was way out (the discarded one). Still had my usual O twinges and cramps so just assumed all was on track. Then had this temp drop cd15 and my temps aren't as high as usual - they are in the same region as yours. I wish I'd continued opks even though I missed a day. Also, my cycle was a day shorter last cycle, went from 28 to 27. Even if I o'd on cd15 at the temp drop my temps should be higher by now going off prev cycles? Are your temps normally what you'd expect? Did you feel any O twinges/cramps?

Hey Mrs. Unicorn. So I felt some O pains on CD13 when I normally O at CD15, but my OPKs kept going back and forth from a not quite positive line to just pale color in the test area. The pains kinda went back and forth the same way, and my CP and CM seemed to be confused as well.

So last night I had stronger O pains, and the darkest but still not positive OPK. I *just* tested this afternoon with an OPK because I have some really strong cramping and O pain, on par with what I've had other cycles, and it was a true positive test. My temps actually kinda still look like yours and even worse because my temps have been climbing, but still not over my usual coverline. I would have said I O'd on the "dip day" if I didn't have an OPK, because like yours, it kinda looks right. But with the positive OPK today, and the CM that keeps coming back to EW and CP that's still high, I honestly believe the temps aren't actually over a coverline, they're just bouncing around a bit because of other factors.

I'll keep you posted, but I suspect in the next day or two, my temps will spike up to where they normally go after O. Today's temp was only 36.45, and my previous coverlines were 36.55 and 36.48. I don't think I'd O and be down at 36.45 after 2 days.

Keep us posted on what your temps do as well. There's no harm starting OPKs again if you see some EWCM, keeping in mind that you're looking for a true positive.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5f7ec2

awnmyown-definitely doesn't look like you o'd yet. I bet you will tomorrow.
mrs unicorn: It still doesn't look like you ovulated. I would take some more OPks for the next couple days because I bet you're just going to O late. Your body can definitely gear up to O more than once, which would explain the ewcm earlier in your cycle.
Good luck ladies!

Had an almighty temp rise this morning! Never had a temp so high in the 3 cycles I've been doing them - I actually though omg I'm getting sick! Anyhoo FF has now put me at oing on cd16! And moved af to 5 days later! Ridiculous! Surely it can't go from 27/28 days to 31. Well I guess it can. I'll be so scared if that happens. I also don't believe cd16, but.... 'Whatever' It's got me going back to cd13 to o next cycle.

Right, I'm going to keep myself busy this weekend. DH is away with work so I'm going to decorate the bathroom as a surprise and put the Xmas decorations up! :xmas9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->