Delayed ovulation after an HSG?

My first HSG did not alter when I ovulate, and I had another HSG done when I had a lap in February on CD8 and ovulated normally around CD14. However, my second cycle after those procedures I didn't even start getting positive OPKs until CD 18 and got them through CD20. I'm still waiting for a BFP or AF to come and I'm on CD30 (my cycles have always been 28 days or shorter).

Hi Ladies!

I had my first HSG this morning on CD12. Last cycle, I ovulated on CD13. I am so glad I found this thread and will try not to panic is O doesn't come in the couple days. Fingers crossed!

My O was delayed from cd14/15 to cd18 with my hsg. I had it cd10 and bled for 4 days after. It's possible it was from the cp the cycle before but I feel it was from the hsg because pieces of my lining were shedding.

Update: I got the dreaded AF. ::sad1: Started chlomid and was told I have one mature follicle when doc wanted to see 3. I hope that's normal and my dh's :spermy: will reach it!

Update: I got the dreaded AF. ::sad1: Started chlomid and was told I have one mature follicle when doc wanted to see 3. I hope that's normal and my dh's :spermy: will reach it!

THREE ?! i never had more than 2 and did clomid 50 and100mg and I ovulate on my own. Three seems way too many, i would think they'd want at least one GOOD follicle with perhaps a second as a back up.

Also i had no pain during 2 HSG's, the first revealing i had both blocked tubes (the HSG did not clear either) and the second using a cardiac cath balloon to open one/both (ended up opening right, total spillage with left spilling into the tube but not out of it, it took months to determine it WAS blocked and probably always had been). I didn't check ovulation because we stopped bothering to do anything when we realized pregnancy literally wasn't going to happen, and my DH was done during ovulation for the second HSG.

Hi Ariannda, yes I had other follicles but they weren't mature yet. The nurse said with chlomid, they would like to see more mature follicles as this is how they "should" respond. I also ovulate every month on my own. I was told to give myself the trigger shot tomorrow if I do not get a peak ovulation result on my opk. I see that you're expecting. Congrats!!

Sorry to hear about AF and your poor response to Clomid. I'm actually considering taking it too just as a last ditch attempt to get pregnant, even though I know it isn't likely to work. Unfortunately the cost is out of pocket and my RE wants monitoring, so I'm weighing if the $1k is worth it for probably nothing. Probably not.

Sorry to hear about AF and your poor response to Clomid. I'm actually considering taking it too just as a last ditch attempt to get pregnant, even though I know it isn't likely to work. Unfortunately the cost is out of pocket and my RE wants monitoring, so I'm weighing if the $1k is worth it for probably nothing. Probably not.

Hi Pirate, yes all the costs are ridiculous...to have a baby we've all tried to avoid having in our younger years..

Agreed. And until we start treating infertility as the medical condition that it is, nothing will change. Honestly we wouldn't have done IVF/donor egg IVF even if I had unlimited financial resources, but it would have been nice to have it covered by insurance so that cost wasn't a huge part of our decision making process.

Agreed. And until we start treating infertility as the medical condition that it is, nothing will change. Honestly we wouldn't have done IVF/donor egg IVF even if I had unlimited financial resources, but it would have been nice to have it covered by insurance so that cost wasn't a huge part of our decision making process.

It's so unfair how these things aren't covered but once you get knocked up, you get the green light. It's almost like they're saying they dont care if you're infertile and it's not their problem. My husband and I are in the middle of purchasing a home, thinking that this would also take our minds off of this TTC mess but it seems like it's making it worse! lol I'd rather spend money on a home I know I will have! I'm not sure I'd go for a second round of chlomid! I know I'm being so negative but I'm just venting so I hope everyone takes my comments in stride. :shrug:

Threats out thing too. We're not going to drop $15k+ on IVF when it had around an 8-12% chance of working for me. That money is much better spent on a down payment for a house or put into my retirement account. To each their own, and I strongly believe that there is no universal right answer for a couple, but I need the peace of mind that I make smart financial decisions.

Threats out thing too. We're not going to drop $15k+ on IVF when it had around an 8-12% chance of working for me. That money is much better spent on a down payment for a house or put into my retirement account. To each their own, and I strongly believe that there is no universal right answer for a couple, but I need the peace of mind that I make smart financial decisions.

I hear ya! Good luck to you and the hubs!

Thank you ladies for this thread. I'm waiting to get mine done. I just had my appointment with my OB. I have had Clomid work when I was ttc in 2008 for my ds but since then I had PID therefore I could have scar tissue so I have to go to do when when I get a new cycle. I'm a little nervous, who likes pain? My dh just had his semen analysis on Wednesday. Now we wait for the ultrasound and hsg. I'm hopeful though. It's worth it in the end! I stopped taking ibprophan and started bleeding heavy long cycles so I have to take it to slow and stop my cycle. I'm glad to know what to expect! I'll update after :)

Good luck, Mrs. AH! I hope the HSG is your magic bullet!

I don't know if anyone is paying attn to this thread anymore, but I thought I would ask - I had an HSG done on 8/21 and got my next AF a week early. So I'm on the 2nd cycle after the HSG and I'm not O'ing when I usually do (usually cd16-18 and it's now cd20). After reading through this thread, could that have been from the couple Advil I took this past weekend to get rid of a headache?? or do you think after-effects from the HSG? or just plain old annoying cycle changes?

any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

I had an HSG done on day 5 of my cycle. I took 2 extra strength Tylenol before so the "Ibuprofen delaying O" idea doesn't work for me. I have a longer cycle- 32-26 days, more recently it has been a steady 33-34 days. I have high FSH, but also high AMH. I usually ovulate anywhere from day 17 to day 19, but never after. I started using the Clearblue Advanced Ovulation stick a little early as I had read that the HSG may cause me to O early. Got two negatives on days 11 and 12, and "high" readings from days 13-18. Never saw a peak so I didn't know what was going on. Got a "low" reading on day 19 so I didn't test on days 20 or 21. Starting feeling O pains on day 21 and seeing EWCM, which I had not seen until then, which is weird for me. I tested on Day 22 and got "Peak" reading. So yes, it did make me O late. I knew something was up b/c I have strong O pains and didn't start feeling them until day 21.
Hope this helps...

Hi everyone. Glad I saw this thread. I had my HSG last Tues on day 8. I usually get a positive OPK around day 15. However, last month I did not manage to get a positive somehow and this month it's CD17 and still no positive! So annoying, I finally got the digital OPKs and all I get is a round circle :(.

I have however had super strong ovulation pains the last two days, though they have gone today....like I could feel the egg moving down! I feel I can feel things more after the HSG. Don't get why I would have such strong pain and still no positive though?? Anyone else had that??

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"