Delaying MMR

Tacey

Reaction score
I've been thinking that I'd rather wait for Alice to have her MMR jab instead of having it with the other boosters at 13 months. I've heard some people say it is more effective after 15 months too. Does anyone know where I can find some decent research on the subject to help me make an educated choice?

If mum has had measles or the measles vaccine, she might still have anti bodies in her system which will have been passed onto LO and stay in their system up to 15 months old. If the vaccine is given while the anti bodies are still there, chances are the vaccine will be ineffective.

Have a look at the left hand column on Timing Is Everything here: https://www.mehtachildcare.com/vaccines/measlesvaccine.htm

This was the reason we delayed it (still havent made the appointment to get it yet)

Thank you for the link! I think my mind's made up now.

Thanks for the link, I am delaying the mmr until at least 18 months. I have a hv call me whilst we were on holiday and ask why Olivia had not received the jab yet and did I know that there was a measles epidemic????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->