Delivery of Placenta/Third Stage

Mummy1995

Reaction score
I was wondering whether anyone knows of any homeopathic remedies to help deliver the placenta? My mum used it and she said it was very good and fast but can't remember what it was called :( x

Not homeopathic, but there are lots of herbal tinctures out there. The most popular is probably "Placenta Out".

Do you have concerns about delivering the placenta?

Not homeopathic, but there are lots of herbal tinctures out there. The most popular is probably "Placenta Out".

Do you have concerns about delivering the placenta?

Have you had any experience? I dont essentially have any worries, but I want it to be kept as natural as possible and I want to have delayed cord clamping, but I have a slight fear of PPH :( x

Pulsatilla possibly?

I've seen this one while researching!:thumbup: Also heard that sepia could work? x

I haven't ever had to use it, but I have placenta out and angelica on hand for my unassisted homebirths. My placenta delivery has happened 20-30 minutes after the birth each time without problems, but PPH or retained placenta is definitely something I try to be diligently prepared for!

I've heard that taking a tiny bit of raw placenta and sticking it to the inside of your bottom lip can help with/prevent PPH.

I've heard that taking a tiny bit of raw placenta and sticking it too the inside of your bottom lip can help with PPH.

Yes, there has even been some info stating that this may possibly be more effective than an oxytocin injection!

You don't normally *need* anything to get the placenta out. If you let the baby latch/feed right away when they come out, that helps contract the uterus and gets the placenta out.

Take for example my birth last Sunday, I immediately let my baby latch on and feed and just held him chest to chest in the tub for about 5 minutes before another small contraction came and the placenta came right out, didn't even have to push!

And about 20 minutes after birth I took a dose of Shepard's Purse in my water to help with PP bleeding. :)

17thy, just wanted to tell you that your post is awesome. Hope mine goes as smoothly. Congratulations on the birth of Onyx!

Thanks girls! :) My dad found all the info from the mum's birth, and turns out it was Pulsatilla 30c if anyone was wondering :) So I shall have it on hand just in case! :) But wow 17thy I hope mine's that quick!! x

Most births the placenta will come out without any assistance. The normal time frame is minutes to 2 hours after birth. You can have things on hand just in case of PPH or a problem with the placenta. But remember, even a natural herb remedy is still an intervention and everyone's bodies are different. You can still have bad reactions and side effects with a herbal or tincture remedy.

You can still have bad reactions and side effects with a herbal or tincture remedy.

very important to remember. herbs and tinctures have been used as medicines forever. they arent to be taken lightly.

I had delayed clamping. I didn't take anything but it took hour and 15mins to come out, with no problems :). I was getting inpatient though lol.

Xx

I didn't take anything and mine took about 20 minutes to come out. I just let him breastfeed straight away. It did feel a bit uncomfortable but I was very distracted by the baby on my boob :)

My placenta took just over an hour to come out with my last baby. The midwife was starting to panic a bit and said she really wanted to use the injection once it got to the hour mark. It took bloody ages and wasn't nice at all. I had to push more to get the placenta out than I did my baby! He was out in less than two minutes!
Id definitely have a physiological third stage again but may drink a ton load of raspberry leaf tea whilst in labour to help it along.

My placenta took just over an hour to come out with my last baby. The midwife was starting to panic a bit and said she really wanted to use the injection once it got to the hour mark. It took bloody ages and wasn't nice at all. I had to push more to get the placenta out than I did my baby! He was out in less than two minutes!
Id definitely have a physiological third stage again but may drink a ton load of raspberry leaf tea whilst in labour to help it along.

Good point. My MW said it was very unusual for someone to request a natural 3rd stage and that if it got to an hour she'd have to call a senior for an opinion and give me the jab

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->