Dental work is it safe

smurfy

Reaction score
hi all, my filling fell out last night so I think I need it replaced. it is not too bad in terms of pain but I think the dentist will recommend replacing before the baby comes, I am 34 weeks with expected induction at wk 39.

I have heard you should have white filling if your are pregnant? did anyone else have treatment in the 3rd trimester? I assume they may need to do local aneasthic too.

thanks

I've had dental work done in both first and third tri, and a local anaesthetic (not sure you'd need one just for redoing a filling though?) - the only think they couldn't do was x-Ray.

I had dental work during my last pregnancy. As pp said its only the X-Ray that's a no no :thumbup:

I had work done in second tri. She used white filling and another kind of anaesthesia. Like others said, no xrays :)

My dentist always has to ask my doctor before any work is done to make sure it's okay.

I've had 2 white filings (+ 2 lots of anesthetic injections) around 20 weeks pregnant and it was fine, much better to get it done than be in agony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->