Dental X-Rays While Pregnant

bicornbump

Reaction score
So, last night while flossing a filling popped out of my back tooth.

Today I called two different dentists to make an appointment (because of my work schedule I wanted to see who could get me in sooner).
One said they would do x-rays (actually insisted on it), the other said absolutely NO x-rays.

I'm going to the office that isn't doing x-rays, but I'm a bit concerned about getting dental work without having x-rays done.

I'm also a bit confused by how different both practices feel about doing dental x-rays on pregnant women...

Has anyone gotten dental work done while pregnant? Did you have x-rays done as well?

I have always been told not to have x-rays while pregnant. My dentist office will not do it and the hospital wouldn't allow me to be in the room when my son had an xray done on his foot. I would definitely avoid it!

Both of my dentists during my last pregnancy said they are perfectly safe with the lead apron, I had a bunch done my last pregnancy because I needed major dental work and LO is perfect :)

I need some but my dentist says to wait until after baby is born.

I had an x ray last pregnancy due to suspected dvt. I wore the lead apron but there was still a risk so I was not happy doing it but the alternative was potentially fatal.

I personally would avoid if you can

I just had an x-ray and extraction done on Tuesday. I also had one done when I was pregnant with LO & he's perfectly fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->