Depression and libido!

toffee87

Reaction score
Hey all!

I've had depression for almost 4 years-I believe the pill messed me up and so I came off it. Ever since my hormones definitely determine my moods. I did go on anti depressants, but I quit last winter.

I'm okay most of the time, but I had a dream last night that my OH left me for a woman who gave him love and affection. It's not as though I don't want to, it's just I feel 'empty' and 'numb' when I'm low and they're the last things on my mind. He is VERY patient and has never pressured me. I'm just SO sick of not having a libido, the only time it came back was when I had acupuncture and that isn't an option due to finances.

I try researching on the net, but give up because it comes up with random herbs/vitamins that sites are trying to flog.

I need to really take action, I'm scared that the nightmare will come true. Well, it will if I never get better. And that frightens me so much.

HELP!!!!

Has anyone else experiences loss of libido due to depression, or just in general?

Please respond, I feel very low about it and need a good chat!

I know exactly what your going through hun :hugs: I was just talking to a friend of mine about this last night. The only difference is that you partner seems to understand and is patient. Mine isn't. He keeps pressuring me and moaning coz we haven't 'done it' in over 3 weeks. I can't help the way I feel. I constantly feel down about the way I look, my weight and much more. I have depression too so I think some of that may contribute to it.

Sorry Im not much help. I hope someone can answer this for you :hugs: But if you ever want to talk just PM me xx

Thanks hun, I really appreciate the reply! It's so frustrating, cause when I do eventually get in the mood, I wonder why I can't all the time. Yet, when it's zero I feel like I've always felt like this-like I do when I feel low in myself.

I want to want to have sex. I think it's a mixture of things-depression is the foundation, but then I feel yukky about myself, get worried I won't enjoy it (anxiety) which definitely puts me off.

It's totally illogical!

I know what you mean hun :hugs:

I'm fine once we do it I really enjoy it but I just don't want to be touched or anything :(

Looks like its just us that feel like this LOL

Well at least I know I'm not the only one now! But as I said before if you do need to chat just give me a PM. Im going to the doctors next week as my tablets aren't really working I will mention it to my doctor and see what she says xx

Loss of libido is common on anti-d's, but I've had it with or without meds :(

Depression truely sucks all the life and joy out of someone. I'm a million times better, but my libido still varies from month to month!

Thanks, feel free to PM me if you'd like :)

your not the only ones, i dont have depression but some days i do feel low as im allways worrying about paying bills as we have money worries and i often am not in the mood, i allways feel like id just rather watch tv and go to sleep but i dont want to feel like this, my OH is allways up for it lol but he never pressures me but i feel bad for him if im not in the mood but we do still have it about twice a week but some nights we plan too and then i feel really low and dont want to xx

I know, that's the thing. In my head I'm thinking we should try and plan-massages and stuff to get me in the mood, but when it comes to it, I just don't feel like it.

Broody, I know how you're feeling. I'm on Prozac so my libido is very scarce. Oddly enough, I always seem to have loads of libido when we can't do the deed, like during AF. :dohh: I don't know what my libido is like off medication as I've never really been off them since I spiral downward very fast when not taking them.

I completely understand what you are going through. Depression can cause lack of sex drive and so does anti-d's. So its like a lose/lose situation. I HATE not having a sex drive, my OH's thinks its him and i dont know how many times i have tried to explain to him that is not.

And Caitlinsmummy.. i COMPLETELY understand what you are saying that once you actually do it, its great but its just getting to do it is the hard part because you just dont want to be touched.

Im really glad to know that i am not alone in this tho...

:hugs: :hugs:

Thank you so much hun, if you don't mind I think I'm gonna show OH what you said hopefully it will make him understand a bit better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->