Depression or hormones?

oliv

Reaction score
I’m not sure what it is...

For the last two weeks I’ve been just feeling really sad and down, I’ve no interest in doing anything, at the weekend I just want to stay at home with the kids and not go out.

Dh has been going to work early and coming home really late most nights because of a new deal and deadline they have.

They thought this baby had Down syndrome but he doesn’t but it was a very stressful and emotional time.

I’ve been very sick and sore with this pregnancy. I also had a fall on Sunday, baby is fine but I’m very sore and bruised.

It’s just been a really hard couple of months. I did have mild post natal depression after ds and it feels the same as that.

Should I go to the doctor?

I'd say definitely worth checking in with your dr just to be on the safe side. Big hugs momma!

Honestly hun I can relate with you however I'm not going to say don't bring it up to your doctor because it could possibly be the start of postpartum depression and you need to be monitored. You don't want to be depressed after baby is born or it'll be hard to bond with the baby. On the other hand, it could simply be that you're having such a hard pregnancy. I know in my last two pregnancies I was miserable. I had MS solidly up until 20 weeks, then on and off sickness the rest of my pregnancy. From about 25 weeks onward I was also incredibly achy and didn't want to do anything other than rest because on top of the sickness/tiredness I didn't feel like I had the energy to do anything else. That's completely normal and thankfully as soon as I gave birth, all that pain went away. I hope it does for you too :hugs:

I’ve definitely been having a harder time emotionally in 3rd tri. Hard to cope for sure.

It’s worth bringing up with you care team, but it is also likely hormones. I haven’t talked to my mw about it because I know she’ll tell me to get more
Support at home and I can make those changes without her advice. I don’t want to cry in her office lol.

I had contractions all evening 7 to 11 mins apart, only timed for any hour since they weren't super consistent. Got several hours of sleep but kept waking with contractions. Timing again and anywhere from 5 to 7 mins. Should they be more consistent in timing if this was it?? I honestly can't remember from my first 2! Feels like they are stronger now than yesterday at least, but not unmanageable. Either way, I have an ob appt this morning at 9.

I’ve spoken to my doctor and she has diagnosed me with prenatal depression, put my on a mild dose of anti depressants and referred me to a maternity psychologist.

Good for you oliv! I hope you start to notice a difference in your mood soon and enjoy your third tri xx

Oh.... how I can relate:dohh:
I could cry.. all day, every day... I cried my eyes out in the car in front of the store yesterday. I just had total emotional breakdown...
I don't know why...
I feel totally lonely, just so sad.. always..:cry:
Its a horrible feeling and I don't know what to do.

It’s 11:15 and I’ve just been laying on the couch all morning while my kids play around me. So hard to get up and do things :(. I have errands and cleaning! But I’m sooo tired can’t get my butt up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->