Dermoid cyst..

xarlenex

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone may be able to help. My consultant discovered a 54x34x45 dermoid on my right ovary during my 20 week ultrasound. Im waiting for my CA 125 blood results, should have them by wednesday. A follow up scan the end of Feb and she will decide whether or not surgery is being done while pregnant, possible elective c section to do both together, or about 6 weeks after birth have it removed. It does depend on the growth of the cyst and my blood results. If I have the option to leave it in, does anyone know my chances of still being 'allowed' a home birth? And can these cause problems at birth?

I was a bit taken a back when it was discovered and 'cancer' and 'surgery' were been spoken about I didnt even think to ask :dohh:

I'm not sure I'd speak to your mw about it but the c section would be to do the op at the same time so I presume if they mentioned doing it 6 weeks after birth they would let you birth naturally in this option. If no problems can arise from the cyst then hb shouldn't be a problem. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->