Dessert Q's! Rice pud recipes?

Saxogirl

Mum to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
Hi Just a couple of quick Q's!

My LO is just over 6 months and eating everything and anything I give him, I was wondering at what age to give him stuff like fromage frais or which yoghurts are also good but lower in sugers etc?

Also does anyone have any good recipes for homemade rice pudding?
:thumbup:

Thanks!

PS is Dairylee cheese spread etc ok now? Am also looking for things to put on toast/in sandwiches!

Thanks Again!
:D

Hi,
Not sure about rice pudding...but yes Dairylea is fine to give, and yoghurt wise, I do natural yoghurt with fruit stirred in. Baby yoghurts like petit filous etc have a shocking amount of sugar added to them, but obviously read the label and make your own mind up. :)

Thats what I thought about the sugar when I read the label - I thought that was far too much sugar!!!

Thanks will go with that then :)

Here's a simple recipe for rice pudding, they usually have one on the side of packs of pudding rice anyway.

knob of butter
100 g pudding rice
50 g sugar
700 ml milk
pinch of nutmeg

Place the ingredients into a dish, stir, cook in the oven for about 2 hours at 160 degrees and serve with stewed fruit.

My OH's just made a huge bowl of rice pudding using the above recipe (in a pressure cooker), so I'm going to blend some of that for our baby!

Thanks - that sounds straight forward enough - will give it a go! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->