Dessert?

oursarah

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
Just wondering.. Does your baby always have dessert after a main meal?

Jacob doesn't really like sweet stuff - he won't eat rice pudding, porridge, fruit pots etc, but he loves yogurt and fruit.

Should I be making sure he has something after each meal?

I had this dilemma a few days back!

Turns out that they dont really need a dessert as its mainly just empty calories.

But Connah too,loves different fruit and yoghurt so we give those after meals. We give some fruit after lunch and after dinner we give a yoghurt...he doesnt always eat it though,i offer it as there is no harm (its healty afterall) :)

It depends on what you gibe them as a pudding really.

Some things are very good for them, fromage frais is good for calcium & vit D
Fruit is always good for them.
So what he has to me seems great - and is what Izzy has most days.
She occasionally has something like rice pudding or custard, but not often.

Ruby never has a dessert - she has fruit sometimes, but she goes in phases with it - one week she loves it, the next she won't touch it.
I'd be careful about fromage frais as they can have loads of sugar. I give Ruby plain yoghurt with fruit stirred in, she likes it.

I give Aisling things like rice cakes, yoghurt and fruit after her dinner but not lunch. She never has anything else like rice puddings etc mainly because we don't eat dessert often ourselves so no need to her to either.

I give Gabriel a teething rusk/ biscuit after his dinner while I eat mine. Because I do puree's I like that he is learning to chew and grab with the rusk/biscuit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->