Determining Gender by HCG?!

juhnayrae

Reaction score
I am newly pregnant with #4 and my doctor has sent me for 3 betas (11, 13, and 15dpo) I still have written down the draws I’d had for my other three children (1 girl, 2 boys) and I noticed that my daughter and this new baby are tracking similarly in HCG doubling rate, whereas both of my boys seemed to have a lower and less significant rise.

I got on Google, and to my complete surprise, apparently there has been a study about HCG in early pregnancy and gender!

Differences between Boys and Girls Evident Three Weeks After Conception

So now I’m curious: can anyone weigh in on this? What did your betas say and what did you or are you having?

I've never heard of this before but how interesting!

Never heard of it either.
We don't have HCG levels checked here but I'm pregnant with a boy and my tests were really really dark by 13dpo.
I have another son who is 2 and with him my tests were dark by 11dpo. .

But with my daughter I tested a day b4 AF so wud of been about 15 dpo and got a very faint line.

So I wud say I had higher levels with my sons then my daughter.
I also got a 3+ on a digi at exactly 5 weeks with this one and with DD I didn't get one untill after 5 weeks.

Sorry I don't have exact numbers.

Congratulations on ure pregnancy

Thank you! I had never heard of this either, so it was interesting to me! The studies findings fit with my 3 pregnancies, I’ll be interested to see what this one ends up being!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->