DH doesn't like my name choice!

Samo

Reaction score
:cry::hissy::cry::hissy::cry::hissy:

Just need to rant! I had some girlie names set in my mind that i've been thinking of over the week and after finding out LO is a girl i thought i had the perfect names! DH never wanted to discuss names until we found out the gender, so I brought up my ideas and such and...

NO!

he gave me a flat out no!!! Now we are back to square 1 and both of us are stumped on names!

Has this happened to anyone?? did your OH come around to liking the name or did you have to come up with new ones and compromise? I just can't seem to get my mind around any other name...horrible i know! I should keep an open mind but nothing 'sticks'

Chris (my hubby) didn't like the name Toby for a boy but I couldn't think of any others I liked so we were stuck.

Hubby told kids that baby was going to be a boy and Mummy liked the name Toby....kids referred to "bump" as Toby after that so we had to call him................................Toby:rofl::happydance:

Well my OH told me he didnt like the name i had chosen either but i found out he told my friend we are calling him that name so i guess he has come round to the idea!!

x

i think i am going to txt and email him the name over and over while he is at work :lol: im gonna try and make it stick!

but now i am scared what if family does not approve :dohh: i really shouldn't care as long as we love it though.

maybe i should think of other name choices too lol need a variety! any ideas?

My OH doesn't have much to say about our name choice. Not sure if he likes it or not.

But he knows I don't move if I want something. So he's kinda got to come around to the idea.

Oh its such a hard thing to pick a name and both agree on it we are struggling too! Hope u get ur way though!!

My OH has kinda gone off of one of the possible names for mini pp so ....

he's going to call her that for a few days instead of "princess" and see how he gets on, maybe you could coax him into trying something like that?

Awww what name did u have in mind that you really liked lets hear it and once I have a feeling of the kind of name you like i will give you some others that are simular so mayb you and ur OH could come to a fair compramise? My OH doesnt like any of my names for a boy or for a girl but its tuff cookies after all the pain hes gona see me go through in labour im sure he will let me name the bubba :)

Mark hated my name choice, never budged! flat out no so i gave up. so 'Isla' became Chloe and it suits her!

My Oh didnt like my first name choices, And i didnt like his. Then one day i remember Jacob and thought wow i really like that.....told OH and he loved it too. And after 3 months we still both agree on it :) XxX

Keep rubbing your tummy and calling the baby your favourite name whilst fluttering your lashes and puckering up ! :o
Toss a coin on who chooses.... xx

god, i really must be a bitch haha

i am naming the baby what i want to name the baby and OH will have to get used to it

im sure once the baby is born hes not gna care what we call it anyway

OH wanted Poppy but i was adament no way it was a welsh name...he didnt like any but after we found out she was a girl i kept saying Rhiannon when refering to her and slowly over a few weeks so did he...

guess he was bullied into it lol

OH and I gave each other ONE veto each on a name, and the rest we would compromise on.

I vetoed Emily, he vetoed Elizabeth.

OMG GUYS! UPDATE!

Ok so DH came home from work today and said that he was thinking of the name while working and is really starting to like it! WOW! haha i guess me sending him text messages with the name really set in! He likes the way it sounds now and what not! I am not going to get too comfy though, as i know he may very well change his mind or think of another name but things are lookin good! score! haha

i haven't told anyone the name yet, only DH...im so nervous about saying it out loud and loving it and then DH or family rejecting it! :rofl:

Glad you got your own way!! i love it!
dont worry about what your or your OH's family think,
its your baby not theirs, so enjoy the name no matter what people think
xx

My husband wasn't immediately lovetsruck by the girls name I chose but when I added his favorite choice as the middle name- he was sold on the entire name! Have you suggested that?

We still can't agree!!

Im in the same situation Zach doesnt want to pick names till we fine out what we are having, and when i was looking for names EVERY name i choose he said NO, sucks cause there were alot of names i really liked!

It was easy with my DH, he just said "I won't fight with you for the names....because I know I will lose (LOL) so let me know what names you like and I'll tell what I think" In the end he did like Isabella and Alex, so I didn't have any a fight with him;LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->