DH question

cco

Teeny Tiny bit pregnant
Reaction score
Hi. This may be a really stupid and common sense question but can my DH get his semen analysis done when I go for my gyno appt or does he have to go somewhere else for it? I just thought it would be easier if we could both speak to one doctor together but I am probably wrong.

i really don´t know but didn´t want to read and run
i guess it depends on where you are going for your appointment? is it a fertility clinic?
good luck to you:flower:

I am going to the regular OBGYN. This is my first appt since TTC so we haven't gotten to the FS stage yet but i figured we might as well get my DH test out of the way to make sure there is no problems with him since his test is the easier one to have done.

really don´t know, but my guess is that for a SA he should be given some specifications first, ie abstenence etc. maybe he can have his first appointment before the actual tests. is he going with you anyway?

good luck:flower:

he actually wasn't going to go for my appointment since we would both have to take off from work. but if he could get his tests done the same time than he will take off also. i can call my obgyn and ask i just didn't know if it was a really stupid question and something I should have known the answer to.

When I talked to my GP about fertility issues, she thought the best first step would be for my DH to have a SA done. Since he sees a doctor at the same clinic, she wrote out a requisition for him. To fill the requisition he has to go to a lab that offers SA, which involves booking an appointment time, as the semen must be processed within 30 minutes of collection. The GP gave us a cup for the sample, which could be done at home, but since we do not live within 30 minutes of the lab will likely occur in a gas station restroom :) (apparently this lab is drop off only, but depending where you live they may have a room with magazines)

And yes there are instructions with the SA, notably there must be no ejaculations within 48 hours of the test, and there must have been an ejaculation within the past week.

Presumably your ob/gyn is not going to do the tests she would just create a lab requisition to have one done, so I don't think there is a point in your dh booking off work, but if you are concerned with expediting the process you could call and ask the procedure to find out if the ob/gyn can request it or if DH should see his GP.

My DH shares the same gp as me. She gave him a sample cup and he had to make an appt with the hospital that deals with SA . We had to wait 3 months for the appt. He was booked in for 9am and his sample had to be in within the hour! We live 45mins drive away so it was a mad rush to dtd and then jump in the car to get there in time. He had to keep the sample warm in his trousers! If you don't share the same dr he can still go along to his own gp and request for one to be done. After that, he will have the results to show at your next appt with your gp. After that it's all pretty much down to all tests focused on you.Good luck with everything xx

thanks so much guys!! i appreciate your responses. I am going to try and give my obgyn a call and see what they say before I go for the appt next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->