DHEA and Motility questions please!

djsherman

Reaction score
Hi all!

So my RE put me on DHEA because he thinks it can't hurt. As a back story, a few months ago my FSH was 13, but they wanted to re-test as I was under heavy stress due to a ruptured disk in my back and planning a wedding. Well, my FSH level is now below 10 but my estriadol (sp?) level was slightly elevated so he think the DHEA might help with the quality of egg since my reserve is probably still lower. I couldn't get the saline ultrasound to check for polyps because the basic ultrasound showed him I had already ovulated. But, he didn't see anything on the basic ultrasound that even hinted at polyps or fibroids, so he thinks the filling defect he saw on my HSG was an air bubble. I have to go back after my next period to do the saline ultrasound just to make sure there are no fibroids or polyps but he was not concerned.

My husband's SA results came back great, the only concern was his motility was only 40% and my doctor said they like it to be 50% to 60%. He said my husband could go see a urologist but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience or suggestions with increasing motility? I thought I read zinc may help?

Anyway, I start the DHEA tomorrow, if anyone has any experience or success stories with it I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you!

As always, thank you all!

-Dana

Hi Dana, 40% is "fine" according to my FS (although yes the ideal is 50%) - people get pregnant on way less! Especially the case if the overall count is good. So don't worr too much, that's not a 'bad' result :hugs:

Others may be able to tell you what supplements may help improve it that bit more though (have also heard zinc but I haven't researched it properly). GL!

Not sure if I am replying correctly...I am new to these forum. I started taking DHEA 6 weeks ago prior to starting my 2nd IVF. My FSH is 8. I respond great to Gonadatrophins, but I am 45 and my Dr. said we are fighting my age. I apparently got pregnant on my own on the DHEA. Just found out Tuesday...so I AM a firm believer in DHEA. Unfortunately, i didn't have any blood work recently or have an ultrasound...so I can't tell you if my egg number increased. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope this helps.
Lindy66
Hi all!

So my RE put me on DHEA because he thinks it can't hurt. As a back story, a few months ago my FSH was 13, but they wanted to re-test as I was under heavy stress due to a ruptured disk in my back and planning a wedding. Well, my FSH level is now below 10 but my estriadol (sp?) level was slightly elevated so he think the DHEA might help with the quality of egg since my reserve is probably still lower. I couldn't get the saline ultrasound to check for polyps because the basic ultrasound showed him I had already ovulated. But, he didn't see anything on the basic ultrasound that even hinted at polyps or fibroids, so he thinks the filling defect he saw on my HSG was an air bubble. I have to go back after my next period to do the saline ultrasound just to make sure there are no fibroids or polyps but he was not concerned.

My husband's SA results came back great, the only concern was his motility was only 40% and my doctor said they like it to be 50% to 60%. He said my husband could go see a urologist but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience or suggestions with increasing motility? I thought I read zinc may help?

Anyway, I start the DHEA tomorrow, if anyone has any experience or success stories with it I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you!

As always, thank you all!

-Dana

I have low amh and took dhea for 2 months before Ivf, they recommend 3 but i didn't have time. I don't think it helped get more eggs but i was very pleased with the results. I had 7 follicles, got 7 eggs, 6 fertilised and 5 made it to a 5 day transfer. The results were much better than i was expecting, i can't be sure it was dhea as i did many other things but you never know what one thing makes the difference!

See my ticker for the outcome!

I might go ahead and order DHEA..I keep hearing everyone talk about it but I can't find it in any stores here. Its worth a shot!!!

Thank you all so much! For the info, the hope, the support! You are all amazing women!

Hi Dana, 40% is "fine" according to my FS (although yes the ideal is 50%) - people get pregnant on way less! Especially the case if the overall count is good. So don't worr too much, that's not a 'bad' result :hugs:

Agreed! :thumbup:

I might go ahead and order DHEA..I keep hearing everyone talk about it but I can't find it in any stores here. Its worth a shot!!!

You can't buy it in any stores here either but thankfully you can buy it online in many places!

You can't buy it in any stores here either but thankfully you can buy it online in many places!

Congrats Greenfingers, how many weeks/months are you?

Did you order your DHEA?..where from? Or was it prescribed for you?:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"