Dhea?

djsherman

Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry if this has been discussed to death already but I just had a follow-up conversation with my RE who mentioned that if we confirm low ovarian reserve for me through my next FSH test, etc., that his plan is to try putting me on DHEA for 3-4 months before IVF if necessary.

I admit, I was a bit surprised as I thought based on what I've read here and other places that he would suggest Clomid or Gonal F. Or maybe even IUI but he doesn't seem to even suggest that. IVF isn't covered by our insurance so I really was and still am hoping it doesn't come to that.

My questions please, are ANY info or experience anyone has with DHEA. How is it "different" (good or bad) from Clomid and Gonal F? I thought I remembered reading some "controversy" on DHEA but now I can't find it. So any help would be appreciated. Like, how is it administered, cost, side effects, success stories, etc.

Also, do you think this is a good "plan" of action? Does it sound typical/reasonable or should I consider a new RE?

Thanks SO much. I appreciate the help and feeling less alone more than I can say.

--Dana

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->