Diagnosed IUGR, need support and experienced women with this please

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Hi, I am 33 weeks and some odd days. My OB told me today that baby has borderline IUGR and that her growth has Sloan down significantly in the past couple months. I would really like to know when you ladies you have had this end up delivering and what happened prior to the decision to deliver, if you went into early labor, and what happened after birth. Are there any warnings signs that something is wrong and I need to be monitored that I should look out for? I have tek non stress tests and biophysical US's each week now, I just am freaking out at home now if I don't feel her move ALL the time. I know they have wake and sleep cycles but I'm driving myself up the wall when she's not moving very aware she's probably sleeping but I can't help but worry about a stillbirth. I'm absolutely terrified now. She weighs about three lbs and is measuring 2 and 3 weeks behind. My funeral height has also stopped increasing and I'm measuring 3 weeks behind in that too. Her head is larger than the abdomen also. Please all the details of your experience with this is much needed and welcome and I would really like to know at what week everyone ended up delivering so that I can get an idea as to when she could quite possibly be here as I'm aware they usually are not even close to 40 weekers. Thank you. I'm terrified and so upset I just can't quit crying. Looking at baby stuff in the store today made me bust out into tears BC of the fear of something going terribly wrong.:cry:

Aw sorry to hear that. 33 weeks is good. even if they decided she needed out pretty soon she has a great chance. You will be monitored closely and given steroids if they think delivery will be soon. sometimes it gets to a point when they are better off on the outside than in.
i had a 28 week scan with my son, measuring way behind on fundal height etc..didnt even look pregnant. they delivered him at 29 weeks weighin 2lb5. he spent 8 weeks in nicu and then home. he has no long lasting problems, nothing, he is completely on a level with his age group. 33 weeks is good. sounds like you will get further,if baby comes early then neonatal is touugh but should just be getting her to grow a little before home. i know its so tough. pm me if u want

Monitor movements closely. Both of mine were iugr due to high blood pressure, but my son had to be delivered as the flow through the cord had gotten worse and decreased movements were the only sign of anything wrong.

my last had iugr found out at 32 weeks she was just under 3lb i made it to 38 +5 weeks when i was induced i had scans every week hang in there hun.

they dont usually let you go to term when baby is small. my lo her tummy was very small but she was fine she is still small now but a right little monkey.

she was 6lb 4 when born at 39 weeks so not 2 bad but my plencenter and cord where very thin small and not formed correctly thats why she didnt grow i am now preg with number 7 so i hope this one is ok x

be really as they can decide to induce you anytime if baby stops growing fx u hang in there to almost term xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->