Diagnosed with fibromyalgia

AlwaysPraying

Mom of two!
Reaction score
Anyone else have this condition? I wrote a whole thing on the toddler section on it, but wanted to check here. I feel like crap and am worrying myself silly. My doctor wants me to run blood tests to rule anything else out. I'm terrified of what's really wrong. Sorry to be so short, just wanted to see if there was any help out there!

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, but I have yet to go to the doctors.. I've just symptom spotted after being diagnosed with IBS! :(

what are your symptoms? :flower: xxxx

Yup, I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 7 years ago. Went through a whole lot of tests to rule out other diseased and rheumatic conditions, and was left with 'fibromyalgia'. There's no actual test for it to proof it, it's just a whole lot of symptoms together.

Pain my shoulders / neck, painful and swollen ankles, depression and extreme tiredness were my main problems. There were days when the pain got so bad I actually could not get out of bed. Not didn't want to get out of bed, I couldn't get out.

After the diagnosis I was prescribed heavy painkillers and told to be on my way. Nothing else was ever said about it or looked at again. I quit school as the added stress + pain meant I couldn't concentrate any more. Probably the best decision I ever made as it allowed me to find my own boundaries after that. I know where my limits lie now, I know what I can do and what will put me into pain.

These days I love life. I hardly ever take any painkillers any more, I still get sore shoulders / neck but to a much less extend and mainly during cold spells. Everything else has pretty much 'fixed' itself due to knowing what I can and can not do. I know I won't be able to do a full day in the zoo walking from exhibit to exhibit any more. I can do a day in the zoo, but will need to take breaks every 20 minutes or so and sit down to rest. No long walks in the forest any more as I'll get stuck somewhere half way and get too tired to continue on.

It will stay with you for life, but it can get better =)

Yep, I as diagnosed last year. Some days it sucks and life is so difficult, but its part of me so I learn to love it! I take up to 18 tablets a day which keeps me going, but I have just had to adjust to a different way of life. Its not that hard really once you get used to it and your limitations and adjust your mind set

im finding it a huge struggle to work my symptoms are really dehbilitating :( i've had 9 days off work in 4 months! the average is 2-5 A YEAR!

any advise? :(

im finding it a huge struggle to work my symptoms are really dehbilitating :( i've had 9 days off work in 4 months! the average is 2-5 A YEAR!

any advise? :(

Are you on any medication for it?

no, ive been to the doctors but they never prescibed anything.. just told me to suck it up basically.. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->