• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaper questions

VerbingNoun

Reaction score
My amazing mom got me 24 flats and dad is pitching in for a six pack of Thirsties Duo Wraps :happydance:
It didn't come to my attention till much later but those are actually AI2 diapers, right? I still want to use flats but another issue came up. We're using a hammock as our primary bed. We will probably put something waterproof on the bottom half (where DD's head won't be) so if we have a leak, it will save the hammock. Just in case though, I added the Duo Wrap inserts on my baby registry (size 1 and 2.) Anyone think this might make the diapers too bulky? None of the stores here seem to carry the actual inserts in their brick and mortar stores.

In New Zealand they are just a wrap. You can put anything under them, doesn't have to be a specific insert. I put fitteds under mine.

Even AI2s are just wraps if you use them with something else, but I'm pretty sure Thirsties Duo have only been sold as wraps where I see them. Great wraps. I would love flats and Thirsties Duos :)

A lot of people like fitteds at night, you may just have to see what works when the baby gets here.

Yeah in the day we will use them with flats. Just wondering if I should add something at night. I feel like two flats would be too bulky and cause the diaper not to fit right, ya know?
We're moving and not sure if fitteds can pe purchased right away but will try em out if I can.

As an older baby, I did two flats, one origami and one pad folded inside, it wasn't too bulky as night diapers go but on a newborn...

As an older baby, I did two flats, one origami and one pad folded inside, it wasn't too bulky as night diapers go but on a newborn...

That is my concern. For a newborn or very young baby. I don't know. This is my first child lol. I changed my brother when he was little but he was 100% sposies.

DUo wraps are just covers and they actually have exposed pul so they can be wiped clean and resused . Thirsties does make an Aoi diaper but its not the same .

As for flats on a newborn a newborn will not likely be sleeping through the night so you don't have to worry about a bulky diaper . You could use the same diaper you do for day time as you'll probably change just as much.

Or you can get a few cotton or microfiber wash clothes and uses them as doublers if your looking for a cheap option to last a little longer at night .

Even if the diaper is bulky though don't worry. My babies night diaper looks huge and it doesn't bug him one bit .

Yeah, most newborns poop at night so you'll need to change them during the night. I think we generally did two changes in the middle of the night the first couple of months. We used the same diapers day and night through that stage. Their pees are not huge, soaking ones at that age, either, so absorbency is unlikely to be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->