'Diaper' Rash!?!

C

charlie_lael

TMI, but I need help! I feel like I have diaper rash! Lol. It's only on the outside and outside one butt cheek. I just got over a yeast infection and I took antibiotics for BV during first tri so I doubt it's any of those things. How do I treat this? Can I use diaper cream like I do when DS has a rash? Haha.

It hurts so bad to walk and sit. It's like rug burn on my bum! :cry:

Ouch ouch ouch.
If it doesn't go, go see your doctor but in thw meantime I would try virgin coconut oil as it had anti fungal/bacterial properties in it.

Could be yeast, especially if you had a YI recently

agree with the coconut oil idea and agree it could be yeast. Cotton or no undies and definitely try that coconut oil!

I just took antibiotics for a yeast infection a little bit over a week ago. Could it be back that fast? And theres not itching or discharge. Just very painful heat rash. It's red and raised. :(

Could it be internal hemmorhoids? They can itch & irritate like crazy! I'd try find a cream for piles, but in the meantime a barrier cream like a nappy cream should stop it chafing & getting sore...

I thought hemorrhoids at first, but this looks and feels nothing like those. Just feels like really bad chafing. Im going to see my OB tomorrow about it if they'll take me as a walk in cus this is unbearable.

Ive never had this many problems down there in my life! Not even in my first pregnancy. Seriously. So far I've experienced a UTI, BV, yeast infections and now this! I've NEVER experienced any of these before. I dont understand what the deal is. :nope:

Internal haemorrhoids can just cause red swelling a bit like a rash, it's not the typical kind you get externally...I had it at the end with my last pregnancy. Totally there with you! Just had the worst thrush I've ever had & always have terrible UTIs in pregnancy! Just not fun! Hope you get sorted!

I just took antibiotics for a yeast infection a little bit over a week ago. Could it be back that fast? And theres not itching or discharge. Just very painful heat rash. It's red and raised. :(

It def could be. Antibiotics mess up your internal flora. Mannnny women will get a yeast infection after taking antibiotics because they kill the bad bacteria AND the good. The good bacteria defends against yeast, BV, etc.
Taking a probiotic will help get the good bacteria back. Coconut oil has anti fungal properties so will help too.

That sounds miserable! I would try baby powder and/or deodorant in the meantime. Hope it's not the internal hemorrhoids :nope:

Blame the antibiotics. Sounds like they definitely screwed up your system. Not that pregnancy doesn't throw off the balance of flora and fauna all by itself, but the timing here is just too coincidental.

Had bleeding last night so went to the ER. They couldn't find any bleeding by the time I got there (ofcourse), but I did get a prescription from my Dr to take care of the yeast infection (my "diaper rash"). He wants to do an ultrasound in a couple of days to make sure the bleeding isn't from anything serious. He Doesnt think it's likely that the bleeding was from the infection so he just wants to make sure everything is fine.

The rash was another yeast infection, but the bleeding is unexplained. Im feeling better now that I got prescribed something. :)

Ouch ouch ouch.
If it doesn't go, go see your doctor but in thw meantime I would try virgin coconut oil as it had anti fungal/bacterial properties in it.

This! I've suffered skin infections because of belly overhang (c-sections plus weight loss) and virgin coconut oil is soothing and heals it quickly.

I had a feeling thats what it was. Did your doc recommend taking a probiotic?

He prescribed me probiotics, yes. :) and a bunch of refills so I don't have to keep coming to him everytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->