• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

did anyone feel like there newborn just isnt getting enough?

Duejan2012

mommy of dd, ds, & preggo
Reaction score
As title says... THis is my third baby and i was never able to get my other two baby to gain weight back up to their birthweight by ebf due to there latch issue. My dd2 seems to have a better latch then dd1 and my ds. I am very hopefull but still cant get out of my mind that she will show no weight gain at her 2 week apointment. Did anyone else feel like this?

Yes, I did! The midwives were also putting a lot of pressure on me and I felt like giving up. But I didn't and BF my son until he was 12 months old. He took a while to regain his birth weight, and I really felt like BF wasn't working, but it did and it will for you too. If you want to continue ebf-ing your LO don't give up. It took us weeks to learn how to feed properly and efficiently, but you will get there together if you want to.

HTH

its just when my other two wernt up to their birthweight by there 2week apointments then i was having to take them to the doctor everyday to get them weighed for them to watch me latch them and unlatch them. Everyday taking my newborn out in the snow in mid jan and feb. I just pray i can continue ebf this time aroundxx thanks soo much for your encouragment!!

Neither of my girls got to their birthweight until 3 weeks. No issues at all with DD2, it is just how I make my babies and my body makes milk I think!

With my youngest he was feeding well and only lost 5% of his birthweight by day 5, however he then didn't start to regain until at least day 10 and didn't regain his birthweight until day 16 according to my baby scales. He had more than the expected number of wet and dirty nappies and was least jaundiced out of all of mine so I was confident he was getting enough. He was born with fluid retained in his limbs as well so quite a bit of his birthweight was due to that and when the swelling went down he probably lost a bit more than 5% between day 5 and 10. Because it took a bit longer to regain his birthweight and he gained 6-7oz a week he has fell a few centiles from his birth centile (91st) but is now nicely tracking the space in between the 25th and 50th xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->