Did anyone have long first labour then second quick?

Gingerspice

Reaction score
My first was long. I went into hospital 6am Wednesday with bleeding and having contractions. I was sent home and told i'd prob be back that night. We'll I wasn't, I got some ssleep that night then contractions kicked in on Thursday preventing sleep. No sleep Thursday night then to hospital 5pm on Friday. Pushing from 11pm, baby born at 4.22 am Saturday after episiotomy and ventouse.

Now having dd to think about, in some ways having some warning will be nice so we can get her to somebody etc.

Anyone find labour 2 went significantly quicker?

Sorry, I know you don't wanna hear tho but my labors were almost identical even though I was induced with #2 and had spontaneously labor with #1.
#1 24 hours of labor with epi and episiotomy
#2 22 hours of labor, induced (actually labor assisted) with pitocin, and had epi, but no episiotomy.

Much faster for me. #1 was 45 hours from first contraction to ds,being born by forceps. #2 and #3'were almost identical - under 11 hours from first contraction to them popping out on their own. Way easier each time. Ds#1 I had an episiotomy. DD I had a 2nd degree tear. Ds#2 I had one stitch.

#1 was 24 hrs long and pure torture in every way!!! Pushed 3 hrs, needed forceps to come out
#2 was only 6 hrs long , and pushed 10 min/ 3-4 pushes !!!

Much easier the 2nd!!! I am wondering what the 3rd shall bring.....

#1 was fairly long- I started early labour on a Saturday morning with BH contractions which gradually got stronger & closer together. Had bloody show early Sunday morning and more contractionsvftom Sunday morning into Monday. On Monday afternoon I got pitocin to speed vthings up and baby was born by 3:30 that afternoon.

#2 was much vfaster. I had bloody show on Friday night around 9 pm, then strongish contractions an hour after. Baby was born by 8:30 next morning.

My first was 12 hours active labor (dilated to 3 and effaced over 75% prior) & my water broke at 10cm.. 1.5 hrs pushing

My second was 1.5 hours active labor after spontaneous water breaking (dilated to 1 cm 0% effaced prior & checked the same day) 2 pushes

Yes :) ds1 27 hours of constant contractions with around 12 hours from 4cm until he was born. DS2 around 4 hours of not too bad contractions from start to finish with 45min from 2cm until birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->