did i do it right? - hypnobirthing

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
for any successful hypnobirthers out there or MWs or hypno practitioners maybe you can answer this.

all in all i was very very happy with my home birth. i read the hypnobirthing book but decided against classes. i felt that id understood the book and it helped me immensely before the birth and during i thought. the plan was never to be a hippy style birthing goddess, it was simply to relegate my fears and make the experience more pleasant which it definitely was.
anyway now ive settled into mothering two ive had time to reflect and im not sure i did it right. i always thought there was no right and wrong way with hypno birthing but ive looked at some birthing clips on youtube and the women were all pretty quiet and zoned out. I had 4 MWs in the end (due to shift changes) and some of them said that when theyd witnessed hypno no one was allowed to talk and the women were all "in the zone".
the MWs commented that i seemed very relaxed during my labour as i was chatting away and laughing with everyone until very close to the end but i certainly wasnt quiet. far from it. just as i was in my first birth that was a typical hospital birth i was grunting and wailing like some kind of banshee at the end. i did my breathing tho and used some of the tools given in the book to get me thru. i had props. i guess i was just more casual about the whole thing.

thing is i was kind of thinking about doing the training to become a hypnobirthing practitioner but if my birth was not like the 'model' concept of hypnobirthing im not sure ive truely understood it and can therefore teach it.???

sorry, very long winded and i hope im not rambling too much.

I didn't make any noise at all. I didn't have hypnobirthing training though. I did have some "training" for pain and using self hypnosis, so kind of went with the same for that.

I've just read the book and she wrote about her daughter giving birth and said that she was really happy and laughing. Also, laughing is supposed to be very relaxing so in my opinion I'd say that you did your hypnobirthing really well!
I'm aiming for a happy, relaxed birth with hypnobirthing and have even decided that seeing as laughing is relaxing I'll read some posts on fuautocorrect.com, they always leave me in hysterics! :haha:

i didnt think of it like that meemee. x :thumbup:

and yes those auto correct examples are v funny. lol.

There are no right or wrong ways....only YOUR way :winkwink: you did it exactly as you needed to x

I'm doing hypnobirthing classes at the moment - and our instructor has said that every women is different. While some women may go very, very deep in to themselves and not say a word or make a peep, others are able to converse between surges and will use vocal expression in the latter stages of labour. The main aim is to make the birth as enjoyable and pleasurable as possible, which it sounds like you succeeded in doing. She also says it's about learning 'tools' to use during labour and then adapting them to your needs :thumbup: But as MM says - there is no right way, just your way and your way sounds like it was pretty darn good :thumbup:

That's reassuring buffelbump. I hope u enjoy ur labour x

Don't beat yourself up - it sounds like a lovely way to labour. I can't imagine being quiet and in the zone the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->