Mc12eb

Reaction score
I've been EBF for 3 weeks and here is whats happened:
She's been extremely gassy and in obvious pain
Really loud poops
Poop in pretty much every diaper
Spitting up
Mucus-y diaper
Two diapers with red blood (She has a ped appointment Tuesday)
She only nurses about 10 minutes

After the blood I read it could be a milk sensitivity so I went out and got formula for milk sensitive babies. She's had three bottles of that but more reading and I read that some women had foremilk imbalance and their baby had some blood. I decided to pump out my breast and start block feeding her again but I'm so scared that by giving her more of my milk she's going to be in horrible pain again. I just had too though I know it sounds selfish but I really missed nursing her and she only had two bottles. I had pumped out until the milk was hindmilk, well it was thicker and more white. Anyways have I made a mistake in nursing her? I'm also going to cut out dairy. But should I keep her on the formula and just pump and dump? As much as I missed nursing knowing my milk is hurting her was killing me too.

Time nursing isn't really an indication of anything, she could just be an efficient eater ;).

It's normal for them to poop in almost every diaper in the beginning!

Spit up is usually normal too, as long as she's gaining weight, has plenty of wet & dirty diapers, and doesn't seem bothered by spitting up.

My son has always been very gassy on both ends. I started giving him a massage for digestion every night before bed and it helped a lot with gas! I also noticed in the earlier days that if I didn't really burp him (at night, for example), he would fart a lot more.

Is her poop green? That would be an indication of foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. I pretty much have to feed my son from the same boob for 2 feeds in a row or we get green poop... so block feeding I guess, but I don't put a time on it, just every 2 feeds I switch.

My son doesn't have an allergy to dairy so I don't have experience with that and how it would show up, but I know lots of women on here do. I have no advice on the pump & dump thing, but I think if you really want to continue BFing then you should go ahead and try to keep your supply up so you can see if removing dairy from your diet helps!

I had to completely cut out dairy and soya for my little girl.

You have complete control over what's in your milk so give it a few weeks dairy free (can take 3 weeks for it to all leave your system) and see how she does. X

When my DD had a dairy intolerance she cried horribly after every feed. Pooping was a nightmare. She would just cry and cry until I finally couldn't handle it anymore and saw the doctor.

DS is doing fine on BM and he also has loud bowel movements. Until about 5 or 6 weeks ge went in nearly every diaper. He is very gassy but I find gas drops help if I give them before he eats.

He has always nursed for about ten minutes. The doctor says he is just efficient :) he has been gaining more than enough weight.

Also, my DS actually Apia up more now hat he is three months old, but he has always spit up some. Now it's nearly every feed.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is the blood, and maybe the mucous. Is there like two different textures or is it all mucousy? BF baby poop can be very thin, hard to tell sometimes.

it's different textures, the mucus is in little blobs. It seems worse with the formula now her poop is mucusy and dark

cut out the dairy and soy make sure your watching for hidden dairy to like cassien .. it helped my son so much! i also give him nutramigen as supplement..

Oh honey, don't supplement. Try cutting out dairy completely and keep her on the breast. The gas may lessen after 48 hours. Mucusy poops can be very normal for babies who have gas. It's actually really common. The formula may hurt her more if her bowels have been sensitive because of the added iron. As for gas, try drinking some tea with anise in it. Or eat black licorice. The baby can have gripe water, which really helps with the gas. When did the blood show up? Early in her life or more recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->