Did I O or not O...that is the question :)

OvenBunWanted

Pregnant w/#1
Reaction score
Well, DH went out of town on business at the most inopportune time so we did what we could and now I'm just hoping that I actually O'ed. It's only my second month of charting so I'm honstly still trying to fit the pieces together and figure it all out :wacko:

Got a + OPK on cd17 and cd18. Got a good line on cd19 as well, however, it was not officially as dark or darker than the control. We BD'ed on cd17 (evening) and cd18 (morning - before he left). My concern now is that I haven't seen what I believe is a good temp increase and it's now cd19. It did go up from 36.12 to 36.20 (celcius) but is that enough of a rise to indicate ovulation?

How much of a rise is needed to indicate ovulation? Does it always have to happen the day after O or can it occur on the 2nd day? I know, questions questions :wacko: Thanks for helping!!! :flower:

I chart on paper but have a trial with FF...here's the link to my chart.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/385201

FF needs 3 high temps to confirm OV...what are all of the open circles on your chart? Are you marking disturbed sleep or temping at different times?

FF needs 3 high temps to confirm OV...what are all of the open circles on your chart? Are you marking disturbed sleep or temping at different times?

I'm a very light sleeper so I wake a lot during the night...several rollovers, bathroom trips, dachshund paws stuck in my back, random spurts of waking and thinking, etc... Given this, it's hard for me to take my temp at the same time while ensuring I get at least three consecutive hours of sleep. The open circles indicate different times but generally are within a range of one hour or so (ie. between 4 - 5:30am). Is it more important to take it at the exact same time or to have the consecutive hours of sleep? Additionally though, I did have a few days of extremely poor sleep overall due to some stress at work, namely cd11 - cd14.

https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Use this and see if it makes a diff...

https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Use this and see if it makes a diff...

Thanks! Just wondering though...what temps should be adjusted on a general basis? All temps that aren't taken at the chosen time or just ones that are an hour or more outside the window in either direction? In other words, can a temp taken 1/2 hour early or late be considered fine?

I adjust anything over or under 15 minutes, lol. I like exact.

That's what I call being precise!! :winkwink: I'm definitely going to have a go at the adjuster and see what it gives me for my October temps. As for FF, thanks for the tip about it needing the three high temps before declaring ovulation. I was beginning to think I was going all anovulatory :wacko: This is the second month of charting and first with FF as they gave me a trial when I registered for some free email based class. Been tempted to buy TCOYF but read somewhere that it was a little ageist... I already have enough neurosis about ttc #1 when I'm almost 39 :wacko: lol

When you get curious, just plug some dummy temps into FF for a few days and see if it confirms OV...just remember to remove them afterwards, lol

Take a look at www.duofertility.com

I am a terrible sleeper and this still works for me. I love it because DuoFertility actually tell you 6 days in advance when you are going to OV and then confirms it on your chart, it really takes the stress and the guess work out of TTC.

xx

I am a terrible sleeper and this still works for me. I love it because DuoFertility actually tell you 6 days in advance when you are going to OV and then confirms it on your chart, it really takes the stress and the guess work out of TTC.

xx

I wonder if I could buy a Duo while on a layover in Spain. It's approved there... Maybe if I ordered it online and had it shipped to my layover hotel???

xx

Looks great but I don't think they are available here in Canada... :cry:

I think you Oed on CD17.

Temp shot up this morning from 36.20 to 36.48 (celcius)
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I was thinking I may have o'ed on cd18 (Oct 17th) as it was my second + OPK and I had mittelschmerz. Wish DH hadn't gone out of town on business as some more BD'ing would not have gone astray I'm sure :winkwink: Maybe the preseed and softcups will help things along :shrug:

I so have my FX for this month! Here's to hoping Oct 31st (poas day) comes quickly...I hate the 2WW :growlmad:

I will not symptom spot. I will not symptom spot. I will not symptom spot :nope:

Hello all, it’s been a while since I’ve been here. Hope you guys are enjoying your Thursday and ready for the upcoming weekend.:thumbup: This thread is the closest to the question I have, so I hope I get one or two replies. And thanks :flower:

My BB usually are very sore 2-3 days before AF but last month they started to hurt right after ovulation. I use digital OPK, so I caught my LH surge. Also, last month it was my 3rd and last cycle of Clomid (Jul-Sep 50mg 5-9). I am off it for now. No pregnancy was detected and my AF was only for a day and a half long. Usually it's pretty heavy, so very strange. Now, I detected my positive OPK 2 days ago (October 18) and the BB pain is back. I know it's too soon to talk about pregnancy and I can't blame Clomid anymore, so what can cause the pain to occur so early? Does it have something to do with progesterone levels to be high or low? Is it the PMS symptom that I never noticed before? Early menopause stage? Any other ideas???

It is everything you said...probably PMS you never noticed and progesterone.

I get them every cycle from OV to AF.

The pain I’m having right now is hard not to notice. And I did, 2-3 days before AF. I can’t even wear a bra but for 2 weeks straight before AF? That’s too much. Why would the length suddenly increase?

BTW, thanks for your reply dmom :hugs: How are you? You said, it could be progesterone. High or low? If it’s low, that could be the very cause of my infertility...

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think you are jumping ahead just a little bit...did you say this was an unmedicated cycle? Your body could just be sorting itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->