Did my first successful back carry!

hopedance

Sam's mum and pregnant
Reaction score
This morning I did my first successful back carry with a maya tie (a mei tie with thick wrap-like straps) without any help! I have managed to get him up there once before, but it took hours and he just ended up crying because it was uncomfy and I was terrified he was going to fall out the side! but it worked like a dream this time, following some different directions (from https://www.slingbabies.co.nz ). we went for a walk around the block to test-run it, and we are comfy and he is asleep in there now so i have both hands to type with! woohoo! :happydance:

:happydance: well done :flower: i want to try the back carry with my son but i havent tried it yet as im a bit nervous.

I need to practice back carries, got him on there the other day, but he was arms out and he needs to be arms in lol!

Was close though, hmm may practice tommorrow whilst DD is at nursery !

x

Well done :) It gets easier with practise too. Emma loves it when I put her in a back carry in front of a mirror- she always shrieks with laughter :)

Firstly WELL DONE!!!! :happydance: and secondly, sorry to hijack the thread, I was thinking: "they should make a mei tai with thick wrap like straps :haha: so how is the maya tie compared to a wrap and how is it working out for you?

Thanks!

Thats great, I was so nervous the first few times that I carried my son on my back but I dont even think about it now :)

Firstly WELL DONE!!!! :happydance: and secondly, sorry to hijack the thread, I was thinking: "they should make a mei tai with thick wrap like straps :haha: so how is the maya tie compared to a wrap and how is it working out for you?

Thanks!

Not wrap straps but Kleinsmekker do fab wide straps with just the right amount of padding. They're pricey but they really are a dream! Some mamas find them a bit wide for a back carry but the only time i was iffy with them was in the summer when i was pregnant and my sweat glands were working overtime :blush: any straps could trigger it then though tbh, i just didn't want to have to wash it much. Kindercarry are a slightly cheaper alternative and beanslings have wider padded straps too.

The other option is Ocah or Bamberoo conversions with hybrid straps , they're padded at the top and flare out like a wrap at the bottom :winkwink:

4boys4years - that's fab info thank you, i'm going to google those.

redpoppy - i do love it but to be fair it is really hard to keep the straps pulled flat when doing a back carry, it all just bunches together - probably because i tie it with rucksack straps not crossed over my front. it's lovely for a front carry though, you can spread them right out across your back and it's really comfy. :)

oooh i just commented on your other post - well done! and tx for the linky i may try the back carry tomorrow :)
from a fellow maya tier ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"